Unable to Apply Online - Which Paper Form?

Watch this thread
harperheathrow
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there.

I'm trying to apply for a second undergrad tuition fee loan for a part-time exception course.

When I try to apply online, it tells me I cannot make an application as I already have an application for year 2022/23, which I definitely do not have. I asked online via the secure messaging service and was advised to clear cache and try again, and if that didn't work (it didn't) to apply via paper form.

However, I can't work out which form to use? The 'form finder' function on the gov website keeps directing me to forms for EU students - EUPTLC or EUPTL1, depending whether I choose 'continuing student' or 'new student' - but I'm a UK national living in England since birth, so that doesn't seem correct?

Could you tell me exactly which form I need to fill in - and am I classed as a continuing student since I already have an SLC account for my previous undergrad loan, or a new student since it's a new qualification?

Could you also clarify whether I will need to provide proof of identity again?

Thank you for your help.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
This one

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...-to-2023/no/no
SFE Karen
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by harperheathrow)
Hi there.

I'm trying to apply for a second undergrad tuition fee loan for a part-time exception course.

When I try to apply online, it tells me I cannot make an application as I already have an application for year 2022/23, which I definitely do not have. I asked online via the secure messaging service and was advised to clear cache and try again, and if that didn't work (it didn't) to apply via paper form.

However, I can't work out which form to use? The 'form finder' function on the gov website keeps directing me to forms for EU students - EUPTLC or EUPTL1, depending whether I choose 'continuing student' or 'new student' - but I'm a UK national living in England since birth, so that doesn't seem correct?

Could you tell me exactly which form I need to fill in - and am I classed as a continuing student since I already have an SLC account for my previous undergrad loan, or a new student since it's a new qualification?

Could you also clarify whether I will need to provide proof of identity again?

Thank you for your help.
Hi there, You would complete the PTMN form. You can find the form here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-time-students Thanks, Karen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.66%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
32.98%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.57%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.19%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.32%
I’m starting to consider my university options (14)
14.89%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.26%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.13%

Watched Threads