Integration

Watch this thread
Student 999
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is this the correct answer?
Last edited by Student 999; 4 weeks ago
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Student 999)
Is this the correct answer?Attachment 1052269
Dont follow your justification for divergence at all and no, its not correct.
Student 999
Rep:
(Original post by mqb2766)
Dont follow your justification for divergence at all and no, its not correct.
Could you hint to me as to how to show the divergence, not many ideas currently,I could potentially try evaluating at x=1 using L'hospitals rule but don't think that'll work
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Could you hint to me as to how to show the divergence, not many ideas currently,I could potentially try evaluating at x=1 using L'hospitals rule but don't think that'll work
First of all, have you subbed x=0.9, 0.99, 0.999 etc into your calc and done a sanity check to see if it does diverge?
Student 999
Rep:
(Original post by mqb2766)
First of all, have you subbed x=0.9, 0.99, 0.999 etc into your calc and done a sanity check to see if it does diverge?
Im being lost, my bad it converges and I could just manipulate the expression using the natural log form of tanh to prove it
Last edited by Student 999; 4 weeks ago
mqb2766
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Im being lost, my bad it converges and I could just manipulate the expression using the natural log form of tanh to prove it
Agreed. If youre trying to prove a property, its always worth making sure that the property is correct in the first place. Otherwise its pages of "dumb algebra".
Skiwi
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Is this the correct answer?Attachment 1052269
Hey, where did you get this question from? Would you mind sharing any others that you have that are similar? Thanks in advance
The A.G
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
These people are starving haha. You could always pm me if you need help with these questions😉
Student 999
Rep:
I just made this question up by considering the shape of the graph, go on desmos and try do it for other hyperbolic functions as well if you want For those that saw it, I think it's quite a nice question that will be at least good practice for Wednesday. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads