Savannaheking
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Could anyone give me the approximate salary of a Teach First year 1 employee based in London teaching mathematics?
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Savannaheking)
Could anyone give me the approximate salary of a Teach First year 1 employee based in London teaching mathematics?
Secondary trainees are paid on point 2 of the pay scale for unqualified teachers. See this link for the current pay scales in London: https://www.nasuwt.org.uk/advice/pay...er-london.html

In short, it's somewhere between 21k and 25k depending on how central you are.

It's worth noting that from a financial point of view, it may well make more sense to just train through the normal route (PGCE or Schools Direct). Maths trainees get a £24k bursary, which is tax free. You can get student finance on top of this. Not to mention, the non-Teach First routes are likely to be a bit more supportive and helping you develop as a teacher, rather than throwing you in the deep end, which can potentially go very wrong.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Please don't train with them - a traditional PGCE will prepare you much better.
(Original post by Savannaheking)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (6)
40%
As I expected (3)
20%
Harder (5)
33.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
6.67%

Watched Threads