A Level rant

Watch this thread
kk15405
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
yea idk why im typing this but i need somewhere to type to get this off my head

i had my AS chemistry exam a while back. it went horrible. it wasnt particularly difficult, but my brain was fried for literally the entire exam. i couldnt think or anything. i wasnt ill, i was well before the exam, but i dont know wtf was going through me during the exam but i couldnt think at all. i was getting low A grades/high B grades on past papers and now i think i got around 35/80 in the AS paper which equates to a C. I could get a B grade at AS overall however that would mean getting 95%+ in paper 2 and realistically its not happening.

im applying for medicine so in terms of predicted grades i literally cant do with anything below an A for predicted grades. i have been considering a gap year however i would rather not take one to be honest as i dont really have a genuine reason to take one, alongside the fact that theres a massive social stigma amongst my asian family that gap years lead to more time at university and less time working in a job.

my prior grades in topic tests havent been great either to use as backup (i got very high in my first atomic structure topic test which is the only exception) however i missed my amount of substance topic test due to catching covid and i got a D in my chemistry mock.

im revising for chem paper 2 now. kinda really mad at myself for it as well. i know obviously not the end of the world for getting into medical school but its gonna be hard getting my chem teacher to get me up to an A for predicted grades as cuz of the chem mock result (in january) she thinks of me as an idiot.

my only plan atm is to do really well in class in the next few weeks and do good in my other 2 subjects (bio and psych) and not screw up my ucat exam too much and hopefully shes willing to up my grade.

rant over, back to revising.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kk15405)
yea idk why im typing this but i need somewhere to type to get this off my head

i had my AS chemistry exam a while back. it went horrible. it wasnt particularly difficult, but my brain was fried for literally the entire exam. i couldnt think or anything. i wasnt ill, i was well before the exam, but i dont know wtf was going through me during the exam but i couldnt think at all. i was getting low A grades/high B grades on past papers and now i think i got around 35/80 in the AS paper which equates to a C. I could get a B grade at AS overall however that would mean getting 95%+ in paper 2 and realistically its not happening.

im applying for medicine so in terms of predicted grades i literally cant do with anything below an A for predicted grades. i have been considering a gap year however i would rather not take one to be honest as i dont really have a genuine reason to take one, alongside the fact that theres a massive social stigma amongst my asian family that gap years lead to more time at university and less time working in a job.

my prior grades in topic tests havent been great either to use as backup (i got very high in my first atomic structure topic test which is the only exception) however i missed my amount of substance topic test due to catching covid and i got a D in my chemistry mock.

im revising for chem paper 2 now. kinda really mad at myself for it as well. i know obviously not the end of the world for getting into medical school but its gonna be hard getting my chem teacher to get me up to an A for predicted grades as cuz of the chem mock result (in january) she thinks of me as an idiot.

my only plan atm is to do really well in class in the next few weeks and do good in my other 2 subjects (bio and psych) and not screw up my ucat exam too much and hopefully shes willing to up my grade.

rant over, back to revising.
This is more appropriate for the A-Levels forum, rather than the Medicine forum so I have moved it there.

Hopefully you'd get better responses over here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads