Confident enough to wear makeup???

Watch this thread
=Esme=
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
This may sound like I have written this question incorrectly but I promise I haven’t. University in September, two years out trying to find myself, who I am, who I want to be. All my life I have been “The smiley fat girl” not that’s there’s necessarily anything wrong with that, it’s just not who I want to be especially at this new stage in my life. I want to be seen as me rather than the fat friendly one, as no matter what anyone says first impressions count, and being fat certainly has its own assumptions and judgements when people first see you of course it does, even if you are the nicest person in the world we all have these instant first thoughts when you see people whether we mean to or not. The past few months I have been really working on my weight to get down to one where I feel more comfortable where I feel more like me, 2 stone gone forever and hopefully another 2 before University starts.

Anyway, my question is, I’ve never been much of a makeup person have dabbled around with it in the past but nothing crazy, but have started playing around with it a bit more than I did previously and over the past few months to the point I’ve got fully comfortable applying it. yay. However, as much as I’m happy putting it on and actually liking it once finished, I don’t have the confidence to go outside with it on??? Most people I know like to wear makeup and if they do, it gives them that additional confidence boost.

At first I assumed it was something to do with the change in my look since I started trying to get to a healthier weight the past few months, but then I realised this couldn’t be the case since I’ve moved 3hrs away from my home town with my parent and are currently in the countryside where I don’t event know the neighbours yet 😂

Has anyone else had it where they get this, happy with the look, (knowing that alls gone well; blended out, not looking like some orange, not cakey) but just simply not having the confidence to wear it out and about. Or am I just crazy??

It’s not like I don’t have anything to gain from wearing makeup, I have bright red marks on my face which certainly stand out to say the least, and when I’ve finished my makeup my face actually looks more even and normal. Just don’t know why I don’t feel comfortable going out with makeup applied even if I like how it looks??
Last edited by =Esme=; 4 weeks ago
LawrencePG
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by =Esme=)
This may sound like I have written this question incorrectly but I promise I haven’t. University in September, two years out trying to find myself, who I am, who I want to be. All my life I have been “The smiley fat girl” not that’s there’s necessarily anything wrong with that, it’s just not who I want to be especially at this new stage in my life. I want to be seen as me rather than the fat friendly one, as no matter what anyone says first impressions count, and being fat certainly has its own assumptions and judgements when people first see you of course it does, even if you are the nicest person in the world we all have these instant first thoughts when you see people whether we mean to or not. The past few months I have been really working on my weight to get down to one where I feel more comfortable where I feel more like me, 2 stone gone forever and hopefully another 2 before University starts.

Anyway, my question is, I’ve never been much of a makeup person have dabbled around with it in the past but nothing crazy, but have started playing around with it a bit more than I did previously and over the past few months to the point I’ve got fully comfortable applying it. yay. However, as much as I’m happy putting it on and actually liking it once finished, I don’t have the confidence to go outside with it on??? Most people I know like to wear makeup and if they do, it gives them that additional confidence boost.

At first I assumed it was something to do with the change in my look since I started trying to get to a healthier weight the past few months, but then I realised this couldn’t be the case since I’ve moved 3hrs away from my home town with my parent and are currently in the countryside where I don’t event know the neighbours yet 😂

Has anyone else had it where they get this, happy with the look, (knowing that alls gone well; blended out, not looking like some orange, not cakey) but just simply not having the confidence to wear it out and about. Or am I just crazy??

It’s not like I don’t have anything to gain from wearing makeup, I have bright red marks on my face which certainly stand out to say the least, and when I’ve finished my makeup my face actually looks more even and normal. Just don’t know why I don’t feel comfortable going out with makeup applied even if I like how it looks??
One thing I've noticed since coming to uni is that there are loads of people that have really come out of their shells! I'm a dude so I don't quite have much knowledge about makeup and stuff, but I've been growing my hair since coming to uni and I had the exact same thing about confidence out and about! If you live in a studenty area people don't particularly care what others look like Maybe start introducing it on weekends, or every now and then until you get used to wearing it! Hopefully it'll help easing it in with time.

Good luck with uni! Hopefully you're able to overcome this hurdle
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads