Brian2216
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone studied this course, if so what is it like, would you recommend?
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Brian2216)
Has anyone studied this course, if so what is it like, would you recommend?
Hi there,

To introduce myself – I'm Joao. In my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University, I am working as a Campus Ambassador for JP Morgan. I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Biosecurity.

It's great to hear you have applied to Surrey and received an offer. If you have questions about Surrey or uni life, please ask, as I am here to help you.

In our BSc (Hons) Economics course, you will acquire skills highly sought-after in today's challenging economic environment, as private and public organisations strive to solve increasingly complex problems. Our teaching is at the field's forefront and is influenced by real industry insights. All our School of Economics academics are research-active, and some are advisers to world-renowned organisations. If you join Surrey, you should consider applying for a Placement. Our award-winning Professional Training placements prepare students for roles in the industry. We deliver on jobs, too. We were named  the University of the Year for Graduate Employment in The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022.

Finally, the campus is lovely. Surrey is known to put a lot of emphasis on the social life of students and always cares about how you spend your free time at University. The student union offers more than 140 societies based on any hobbies and interests students have and clubs for all kinds of sports that a student might want to take up. And even with covid restrictions, the union managed to organise one of the country's most significant covid-safe university events!

I think this may help you.

All you need to know about studying economics at Surrey:
https://blogs.surrey.ac.uk/student-e...ics-in-surrey/

Joao
Economics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (16)
28.57%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
39.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.57%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.36%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.14%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.5%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.79%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads