The Student Room Group

Students

I do not function well under pressure. I can't study until 5am next morning when I have an exam at 9 on the same day, like my peers do. I prefer feeling prepared and calm before exams even when iam not prepared ... but then when I see them studying like lunatics, I feel guilty that I haven't studied enough ... is my way of approaching exams wrong? Should I be cramming like them before an exam?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Justanotherhere
I do not function well under pressure. I can't study until 5am next morning when I have an exam at 9 on the same day, like my peers do. I prefer feeling prepared and calm before exams even when iam not prepared ... but then when I see them studying like lunatics, I feel guilty that I haven't studied enough ... is my way of approaching exams wrong? Should I be cramming like them before an exam?

Make sure you’re well prepared days before. Look through some basic content/flash cards the night before and on the exam date. Tbh most people spend so many hours revising but do not necessarily revise smart. Many others have photographic memories so they may perform better than a person who has spent 30 hours revising irrelevant content.
Your peers who study until 5am for an exam at 9am are idiots who probably have left revising until the last minute and are panicking.

It's much better to be prepared and have worked through content in a timely manner, with some final revision the evening before the exam, then making sure you have an early night and approach the exam fresh and well rested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending