Laptop for architecture

Watch this thread
Folu olawaye
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi Is there a big difference between a 3060 graphics card with 6GB RAM GDDR6. and a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti - 4 GB GDDR6 and which one is better. Trying to get a better price . Thanks this is for architecture
IndeliblePhong
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Go to https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/ and search up any GPUs you're looking into. Just make sure it's the right variant - in this case I assume you're looking at laptops here, so make sure you're looking at the laptop variants.
I'm no expert, but I have a 1660 Ti in my PC, and looking at the scores, the 3050 should be enough to run almost all games at 60+ FPS, but on medium/low settings if its a modern AAA game. Make sure you also check whether a laptop you're getting has a MUX switch, and a Total Graphics Power (TGP) high enough. Also investigate how good the cooling is. All of these things greatly affect GPU performance, to the point where I'd wager a 3050 Ti with perfect conditions is better than a 3060 with poor ones. (Again, I don't actually have any idea, don't take my word for that).
Folu olawaye
Rep:
(Original post by IndeliblePhong)
Go to https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/ and search up any GPUs you're looking into. Just make sure it's the right variant - in this case I assume you're looking at laptops here, so make sure you're looking at the laptop variants.
I'm no expert, but I have a 1660 Ti in my PC, and looking at the scores, the 3050 should be enough to run almost all games at 60+ FPS, but on medium/low settings if its a modern AAA game. Make sure you also check whether a laptop you're getting has a MUX switch, and a Total Graphics Power (TGP) high enough. Also investigate how good the cooling is. All of these things greatly affect GPU performance, to the point where I'd wager a 3050 Ti with perfect conditions is better than a 3060 with poor ones. (Again, I don't actually have any idea, don't take my word for that).
Great thank you
IndeliblePhong
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
What laptops are you looking into?
Folu olawaye
Rep:
(Original post by IndeliblePhong)
What laptops are you looking into?
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus with 1tb ssd and 16gb ram and 3050 ti 4gb graphics card. I want to use it for my architecture course but I’m not sure if the 4gb graphics card would be enough just wondering if I should upgrade it to a 6. However the 6 Is just a bit expensive so I’m hoping the 4 would be ok.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads