Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Whilst working in a garden centre over the summer, someone was driving around on forklift truck with a group of pallets stacked much, much too high (probably around 15ft). As I was walking along, he reversed over a bump next to me with quite a bit of speed. The stack of pallets wobbled, then collapsed over sideways. Anyone who's worked with pallets and knows how heavy they are can tell you that, had I been half a foot back from where I was, I would almost certainly have been paralysed or worse.

The only other time I can think of was when I was playing in a fast-flowing river through a town in Scotland as a child. There was a rock in the middle of it, which was positioned in such a way that there was a hidden, underwater gap at the bottom of the rock between it and the riverbed. There was a massive current forcing its way through the gap, and I got sucked underwater, into it and was wedged there by the force of the river. I don't remember much of what happened between then and getting saved, because it all seemed to happen in an instant, but all I know is that a stranger who was sitting on the river bank ran into the river fully clothed to rescue me.

ReputationRep:
    Got beaten up badly by eight guys on November 2005 when I tried to protect my cousin from getting beaten up. :indiff:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The most scary thing that has ever happened to me was my first time skiing, when I was 12. I had only just learned, but my brothers lead me over a mountain to an extremely high red track. It was fairly flat, but it was incredibly narrow and on one of the sides was literally a cliff edge (if i fell off it would have taken 20+ seconds for me to splat at the bottom). Suddenly a huge storm came and it became incredibly windy and I ALMOST got blown over if my brother didn't grap my coat

ReputationRep:
    Good lord someone negged me for my post..
    seriously.. like seriously

ReputationRep:
    I've nearly had serious car accidents twice, pretty scary. I was chased by a gang armed with knifes and a baseball bat, they were trying to mug me so I just ran, I got away without a scratch.

ReputationRep:
    car accident, bike accident, beaten up, knife, gun, playin wrestling, randomly stopped breathing, the list is ... i guess god doesnt like a pimp

ReputationRep:
    Almost drowned in grade 5 white water on a river.

Was standing under a shelf with a huge amount of heavy hardback books - took two steps to the side - and the shelf fell down where I was once standing.

Came inches away from being stabbed in an attempted mugging.

ReputationRep:
    No. Nothing at all.

ReputationRep:
    Some chav who was probably about 10-12 at the time threw a rock about the size of a tennis ball at me when I was about 4 or 5 :eek: , luckily having stunted growth it missed :doh:
    Wish I knew where he was now, I'd actually beat the **** out of him :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    In the snowy mountains of Austria I was in the car. My dad decided not to put on snow chains (:stupid:) Needless to say the car began to skid and we went off the edge into a roll. We rolled a few times and hit a tree, if the tree wasnt there **** knows how bad it could have been! :P

My whole family amazingly crawled out without any major injuries!

Wow, thanks for reminding me of that!!

ReputationRep:
    Choked on a gobstopper and been in an emergency landing.

Make your own conclusions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    No. Nothing at all.
    Give it time.

ReputationRep:
    Had a car crash when I was about 12 - car was a write off. Lucky to be here today. God bless volvo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)
    God bless volvo.
    Lol!

ReputationRep:
    I nearly choked to death once when i was little on a boiled sweet, also almost killed myself once but stopped the bleeding in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry_princess)
    Lol!
    I was being serious! :eek: :p:

Volvo were ahead of their time in terms of impact/safety!

Any other car and I would almost certainly be dead if not in a wheelchair!

So yeah, God Bless Volvo!

ReputationRep:
    I nearly drowned once and a man saved me.

And I was nearly hit by a car and another man saved me.

ReputationRep:
    i was about 2 inches away from getting hit by a land rover going at least 50mph ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    I nearly drowned once and a man saved me.

And I was nearly hit by a car and another man saved me.
    I see a pattern forming..... :p:

ReputationRep:
    driving at about 90mph on the motorway (lane 3) and soem idiot puleld out liek a few cm in front of me, realsied his mistake and pulled back in

almost crashed into another car (my faut partially) but my ridicuously cat like reactions to go aroudn the car saved my arse - was shaken up bigtime after that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.