Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilkySmooth)
    Give it time.
    *runs_across_road* :yy:

ReputationRep:
    My brother fell in front of a car but somehow managed to roll past it. I think our angel was watching over us that day.

ReputationRep:
    My friend got stabbed in the hand last night? Not THAT near death, but my living room could be a slasher film set.

As for me, I was really nearly dragged under a bus once. Was about half a second away from death there. Scary stuff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    *runs_across_road* :yy:
    That's the spirit

ReputationRep:
    Anaphylaxis.

My sister was run over by a bus in another country with subpar emergency services. It was so bad that the bus ran over her leg, broke it and was inches away from running over her head.

ReputationRep:
    I was playing football one day on my own, somewhere in my early teens. As folk in their teens sometimes do I was cramming, doing many things at once, and in between thrashing the ball around furiously like an enraged matador version of Ronaldinho, I was chomping away on a bag of hula hoops. We all know hula hoops are harmless, wonderful creations, second only to the orgasm in terms of wondiferous experiences within life. So, there I was, just throwing them down and letting them fall into my gut. Then, all of a sudden, one's stuck in my throat. I'm choking away like a mad thing, determined not to panic but determining also that I already am panicking! I needed a drink, but there was nothing in sight!

Thankfully, I think the hoop was giving me enough of something to breathe through. I ran home feeling like I was trying to be sick whilst also trying to swallow simultaneously, and after fiddling around with my key I eventually collapsed into the kitchen and drank half a bottle of water to turn that dastardly hula hoop into mush. For the whole day after I had a terrible feeling in my throat. Death by hula hoops though - what a way to go, my friends, what a way to go. But yes, I'd steer clear of calling it dicing with death but stress that it felt pretty darn terrible at the time. We hypochondriacs have these near-death experiences often, like the other day when I got a spot on my arm and wondered seriously if it might be cancer.

Oh, and I nearly got run over by a bus this morning - as you often do with those ******* bus drivers.

ReputationRep:
    not me, but my auntie was meant to catch one of the trains in the underground which was blown up, luckily she overslept and missed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gypsy King)
    My friend got stabbed in the hand last night? Not THAT near death, but my living room could be a slasher film set.

As for me, I was really nearly dragged under a bus once. Was about half a second away from death there. Scary stuff...
    Oi Marks, is that you?

ReputationRep:
    If you think about it laterally, everyone has had possibly thousands of near death experiences.

I've probably been close to being electrocuted to death a few times. Quite definitely had a high chance of getting hit by lightening one time (highest thing for miles, storm right above me, and I was walking across a bridge).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    driving at about 90mph on the motorway (lane 3) and soem idiot puleld out liek a few cm in front of me, realsied his mistake and pulled back in
    Pass the blame!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywood_swinging)
    Pass the blame!
    why is it my fault if he didnt indicate and drove straight into my lane, and then had to go back into his own as soon as he knew he was going to collide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamb)
    Oi Marks, is that you?
    Nope! :p:

You been in an equally unfortunate situation then?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing I can think of. Well when I was born I suppose I was ill enough to have died, but nothing apart from that.

At Florida, we were in the queue for some ride.. and the queue went up several flights of stairs. Anyways, there was a door situated in the corner - I thought it'd be closed so I just lent back on it. Turns out it was open and began to fell, but I grabbed hold of the wall before I was really in any danger.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Earthquake when I was holiday. The Ceilings were caving in on top of me, and the door of my hotel room wouldn't open. I was lucky one of the massive chandeliers didn't crash on top of me. I was lucky to make it out alive tbh.

ReputationRep:
    i fell over once ...

ReputationRep:
    Ran through a glass door when i three... that hurt.

Got clipped by a car when i ran across the road once... The wing mirror hurt... i reckon the car would of had me.

ReputationRep:
    I have two, but I don't remember them.

The first was when I was born. I was born three months prematurely with an infection which would have killed me if I had gone full term.

And when I was about two, I ate a weed or something in the garden and started choking and turning blue!

ReputationRep:
    A few years ago my boyfriend was driving home at night a little too fast on a country lane and hit some black ice causing him to spin, luckily he ended up on the small section of the verge that had no trees.
    He also got hit by a car when he was 12 crossing the road on his bike. Dented the bonnet with his head but got away with cuts and bruises and one of his teeth came out through his lip.
    Also my ex was driving along at night and hit a sharp bend a bit too fast and ended up skidding on some gravel at the edge of the road and went into a spin, going straight through a fence. A fence post went right through the windscreen and stopped inches from the chest of my friend who was sat in the front passenger seat.

I attract bad drivers lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.