Uni transfer

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey, so I have been recently rejected from the 3 unis that I wanted to go to and got offers from the ones that I applied to at random. On results day is there any chance that I would be able to call up a uni that rejected me (Kings college London) and ask if there is any space left on the course(business management).

If I went to Sussex uni which was one of my offers would I be able to transfer to Kings college London within the first year assuming I do well in Sussex or would it be just better to take a gap year and apply next year. However I heard about the new laws coming into place regarding student loan from 2023 which would increase the debt repayment by a huge amount.

I am quite unsure of what to do so any suggestions would help
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I would suggest taking a gap year, Kings probably wont have a space on results day.
Toggy Smith
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm afraid it's almost impossible that King's will have free spaces because it's a highly competitive uni. In the event they do, they'll probably contact you.
R4V
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m in a similar situation. I would recommend taking a gap year. No point wasting a year of uni in a place you don’t want to be. Uni is supposed to be the best years of your life, you want to make it the best possible. Take the gap year to travel, work, learn and reapply. It only makes you more attractive than those candidates that didn’t take a gap year and have no prior experience. I want to do marketing and I can tell you for a fact that having experience in business before studies or during studys is incredible
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
42.86%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
23.81%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
9.52%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (1)
4.76%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
14.29%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
4.76%

Watched Threads