How many paragraphs for high level 3 in a15 Marker [AQA ALevel Economics Paper 1]

Watch this thread
Faith_24
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For AQA ALevel Economics in paper 1, I was wondering whether it'd be a better idea for me to do 2 paragraphs for the 15 marker in paper 1 or to do an introduction and 2 paragraphs, or to do 3 paragraphs in less depth, because when I've been doing questions, I've been spending too long on the 15 marker and don't have enough time for the 25 marker. Is two paragraphs still enough to get into the top part of level 3?
jjxton
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I dont do economics but business so the structure may be different but surely have relation, we are taught to do this:

-------------------------------

X MARKS - COMMENTS - AO MARK EQUIVALENT PER QUESTION

3 markers - small points, usually calculations (show all working) - AO1 1 - AO2 2
4 markers - small points, usually calculations (show all working), show knowledge, analysis and application - AO1 2 - AO2 2
9 markers - 2x PECAN paragraphs, explain how, analysis actions,, explain using calculations, analysis with reference to theory, no evaluation - AO1 3- AO2 3 - AO3 3
12 markers - 2x PECAN paragraphs, explain how, analysis actions,, explain using calculations, analysis with reference to theory, no evaluation - AO1 3 - AO2 3 - AO3 6
16 markers - 2xPECANPIE paragraphs, to what extent = must decide, show balance, AJIM conclusion - AO1 2 - AO2 3 - AO3 4 - AO4 7
20 markers - 2xPECANPIE paragraphs (2 points in each), show balance, more contextual analysis and longer conclusion than 16 market, AJIM conclusion - AO1 4 - AO2 3 - AO3 5 - AO4 8
24/25 markers - same as 20 marker just much longer AJIM conclusion, add multiple "it depends" points, and make it at least 2 paragraphs - AO1 5 - AO2 4 - AO3 6 - AO4 10

------------------------------
PECANPIE:
- PE: point explained - this is this, this is this because...
- CAN: contextual analysis - logical chain of analysis - this causes... - this means.... - the result of this is.... which does..... and this may....
- PIE: point included evaluation - explore the limitations and weaknesses of the point being argued - give the point perspective - this could be because.... however this could change this..... if this happens, then the reflection could be made that....
*note that 9 markers only want PECAN and not the PIE*
**also note why they chose to make the abbreviation PE CAN PIE and not take just the first letters of each point **

AJIM conclusions:
A: answer the question - first line must answer - I believe. this is not the case.... this point is valid....
J: justify - back up the answer with specifics, hard hitting points - this is because..... the reason being...
I: it depends - what does the justification depend on or does depend on, add perspective - however..... this depends on....
M: most important point - consider all aims and end off the conclusion with the most relevant point - ultimately I think that..... overall I believe...
Last edited by jjxton; 1 month ago
jjxton
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Faith_24)
For AQA ALevel Economics in paper 1, I was wondering whether it'd be a better idea for me to do 2 paragraphs for the 15 marker in paper 1 or to do an introduction and 2 paragraphs, or to do 3 paragraphs in less depth, because when I've been doing questions, I've been spending too long on the 15 marker and don't have enough time for the 25 marker. Is two paragraphs still enough to get into the top part of level 3?
also note that your exam board may mark holistically meaning if you write 2 paragraphs in level 3 but then rush a third and its a level 1 your entire answer could be marked down to level 1.

you have to stay constant throughout your answer, id recommend you do 2 very good PECANPIE paragraphs with no conclusion same as my structure for 16 markers
Last edited by jjxton; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
28.74%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
35.63%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
9.2%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.45%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.75%
I’m starting to consider my university options (12)
13.79%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (2)
2.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.15%

Watched Threads