gcse's 2022

Watch this thread
LSheltonnn
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i didnt do as well as i liked on the maths paper 1 (higher), maybe around 50%

can i still get a seven if i do better on both paper 2 and paper 3?
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Almost certainly, but nobody knows where the grade boundaries will be this year.

Which exam board?

(Grade boundaries will be all over the place this year, but checking previous boundaries for your exam board might give a clue.)
LSheltonnn
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
my maths is edexcel, thanks
David_Kip
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You have just started to pass. check me in please
DataVenia
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LSheltonnn)
my maths is edexcel, thanks
OK. If we look at the Edexcel's 2019 grade boundaries here we can see that to get a 7 that year one needed at least 137 out of 240, that's about 57%. The three papers are equally weighted, so if your estimate for performance in paper 1 is accurate at 50%, then you need to average about 61% in the next two papers to achieve an overall average of 57%.

However, that'd be for the 2019 paper. If this year's paper is harder (which most reports would suggest that it is) then the grade boundaries would be lower. Also, as they're trying to undo the impact of the grade inflation across two years rather then one, the grade boundaries might be lower still.

So, don't lose hope!
Last edited by DataVenia; 1 month ago
LSheltonnn
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
thanks for the help, guys !
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DataVenia)
However, that'd be for the 2019 paper. If this year's paper is harder (which most reports would suggest that it is) then the grade boundaries would be lower. Also, as they're trying to undo the impact of the grade inflation across two years rather then one, the grade boundaries might be lower still.

So, don't lose hope!
Who said it was harder?
DataVenia
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Who said it was harder?
These folk, posting on the Edexcel GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 (Non-Calculator) Higher 1MA1 1H - 20 May 2022 [Chat] thread:
(Original post by GradeOneStudent)
so flipping hard
(Original post by Samovar)
I found that paper horrific…
(Original post by zyxaaa)
i got that as well but idk if its right. overall i found that paper horrible tho
(Original post by user93_)
predicted is a 9 but thats gone out of the window tbh ill be happy w a 7 after that paper 1
(Original post by Arianapple)
That was the hardest maths paper I might have ever sat
(Original post by dahlia06)
id say pretty similar to 2019 most people found it hard (that i spoke to)
(Original post by Arianapple)
I did Edexel and it was hard
There are certainly posts on that thread which say it was easy, but there seem to be more reporting it as being hard.
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DataVenia)
These folk, posting on the Edexcel GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 (Non-Calculator) Higher 1MA1 1H - 20 May 2022 [Chat] thread:

There are certainly posts on that thread which say it was easy, but there seem to be more reporting it as being hard.
They aren't representive though are they?
dahlia06
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
let's all move on because you all agree on that whoever you've talked to on opinions about the exam is not a fair representation of all yr11s and if it was easier/harder. everyone naturally is going to find it differently from their neighbour

Spoiler:
Show
paper 2 is always the worst though..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
32.79%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.08%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.82%

Watched Threads