The Student Room Group

End Of Year Exams Stress

I'm supposed to be doing end of year exams in the week beginning june 6th, but i just dont know how im even going to get through it. I havent revised for any of my subjects as im been busy with revising for end of topic tests meaning im only covered so far for maybe the last two topics of my subjects. (I do biology, chemistry and german).
My mental health has severely depleted over the past three months and i just cant do it anynmore. I ve been constantly struggling to make sure i keep good grades the whole year, and could potentially get predicted an A* in chemistry if i push even harder, and A in biology and german which im scared of as they are so content heavy and my memory has just become so bad. Biology thankfully the content for the exam is only like half the topics, but theyre ALL the topics I struggle with (viruses, dna, meiosis, classification and a few more whilst chem and german are a nightmare with all subjects being 2 hr papers and somehow theyre going to fit in eveyrthing on the spec. i am writing purely out of desperation as i dont even have any friends in my highly competitive grammar school and everything in my life seems to be going downhill. i dont know how to keep myself together right now.
Reply 1
good luck
Original post by t0rschlusspan1k
I'm supposed to be doing end of year exams in the week beginning june 6th, but i just dont know how im even going to get through it. I havent revised for any of my subjects as im been busy with revising for end of topic tests meaning im only covered so far for maybe the last two topics of my subjects. (I do biology, chemistry and german).
My mental health has severely depleted over the past three months and i just cant do it anynmore. I ve been constantly struggling to make sure i keep good grades the whole year, and could potentially get predicted an A* in chemistry if i push even harder, and A in biology and german which im scared of as they are so content heavy and my memory has just become so bad. Biology thankfully the content for the exam is only like half the topics, but theyre ALL the topics I struggle with (viruses, dna, meiosis, classification and a few more whilst chem and german are a nightmare with all subjects being 2 hr papers and somehow theyre going to fit in eveyrthing on the spec. i am writing purely out of desperation as i dont even have any friends in my highly competitive grammar school and everything in my life seems to be going downhill. i dont know how to keep myself together right now.

its half term now so maybe do an hour a day of revision or something but try not to overwork yourself. end of year exams dont even define what your predicted grades will be (november mocks do) but its not like they mean anything anyway. ik you want to do well but if youre stressing this much over them then its gonna make it worse...
you still have a whole year before u have to sit ur actual gcses so u have loads of time to prepare for them, eoy y10 tests literally mean nothing its just to give u an idea of what the exams are like
put ur mental health before ur grades...
im in year twelve. this is for a levels lol, as in my as end of years but thanks for the advice anyways, ive been putting in work and its going a lot better than i thought.
I'm supposed to be doing end of year exams in the week beginning june 6th, but i just dont know how im even going to get through it.

1) get off social media.
2) go for walk
3) pick one subject and revise it for 2 hours.
4) have a break
5) repeat 3 & 4 for another subject and repeat
6) end of the day - watch trashy telly for an hour.
7) go to bed and sleep - do not take your phone with you.
Repeat as required.
im in year twelve. this is for a levels lol, as in my as end of years but thanks for the advice anyways, ive been putting in work and its going a lot better than i thought.

oh bit embarassing didnt see the a level bit um goodluck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest