can i use a mechanical pencil in my a level exams

Watch this thread
jxmaii
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
the lead is 0.5mm hb if that helps I'm not sure if that is allowed? it says on the candidate information that you need a pen and a hb pencil but would that include mechanical pencils with hb lead???
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jxmaii)
the lead is 0.5mm hb if that helps I'm not sure if that is allowed? it says on the candidate information that you need a pen and a hb pencil but would that include mechanical pencils with hb lead???
Sfine.
newgoose
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
why would it not? you cannot write answers in pencil tho unless stated
y1236
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
ive used pencil in my paper 1 math. Do you think they'll mark it?
Mynameissecret
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by y1236)
ive used pencil in my paper 1 math. Do you think they'll mark it?
Do you mean through the whole paper, or just some questions?
yeah as long as they can read it when its scanned. if you think about it, there are some questions where they specifically ask you to write in pencil so as long as you pressed down hard enough and weren't writing super faintly, they'll be able to see

I'm not quite sure how you did that tho, it does say on the front of the paper and also invigilators do tell you - can't believe the invigilators
didn't pick you up on it tbh.
y1236
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’ve done the whole paper in pencil.
y1236
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
So bro if my paper does not get scanned they won’t mark it?
Bro I appreciate the help.

(Original post by Mynameissecret)
Do you mean through the whole paper, or just some questions?
yeah as long as they can read it when its scanned. if you think about it, there are some questions where they specifically ask you to write in pencil so as long as you pressed down hard enough and weren't writing super faintly, they'll be able to see

I'm not quite sure how you did that tho, it does say on the front of the paper and also invigilators do tell you - can't believe the invigilators
didn't pick you up on it tbh.
Mynameissecret
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by y1236)
So bro if my paper does not get scanned they won’t mark it?
Bro I appreciate the help.
If they can't see when it's scanned, they're supposed to send it to the higher examiner who will mark the paper I believe! So try not to worry!
y1236
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mynameissecret)
If they can't see when it's scanned, they're supposed to send it to the higher examiner who will mark the paper I believe! So try not to worry!
Bro so they mark the paper physically?
Thank you bro appreciate it❤️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (63)
27.51%
As I expected (71)
31%
Harder (87)
37.99%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.49%

Watched Threads