Student finance application DEADLINE 20TH OF MAY

Watch this thread
Amanuel 444
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Student finance application DEADLINE
Hi uk/student loan , am starting Uni this Sept as an independent student the deadline was 20th of May, I applied today luckly, just wondering am I too late, I just checked on the Govt website states the deadline is on the 31st of May for courses starting between 1 August and December. Usually the assessment takes 4 to 6 weeks and I still have 3 month before the course start. What is the likablity to get paid on time, looking forward for your feedback
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
If you apply late then there is a risk that you will get paid late.

But SFE do usually manage to get most payments authorised on time.

The sooner you apply after the deadline then the lower the risk of any delay (and the shorter the delay will be).
Amanuel 444
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
If you apply late then there is a risk that you will get paid late.

But SFE do usually manage to get most payments authorised on time.

The sooner you apply after the deadline then the lower the risk of any delay (and the shorter the delay will be).
Thank you so much for your feedback mate I hope they authorised it on time
SFE Karen
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Amanuel 444)
Student finance application DEADLINE
Hi uk/student loan , am starting Uni this Sept as an independent student the deadline was 20th of May, I applied today luckly, just wondering am I too late, I just checked on the Govt website states the deadline is on the 31st of May for courses starting between 1 August and December. Usually the assessment takes 4 to 6 weeks and I still have 3 month before the course start. What is the likablity to get paid on time, looking forward for your feedback
Hi there,
The deadline is a soft guideline and not an ‘end date’. Students can apply for funding up to 9 months after their course ends. We encourage students to submit an application by the 20th of May to ensure their applications are processed and updated prior to their course starting. Once the team have reviewed your application they will be in contact with you. Thanks, Karen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads