aqa a level psychology paper 1

Watch this thread
astudent..
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hey! if there is a longer answer question about definitions of abnormality and say u have to talk about 2 which would be the best ones to talk about? like the ones with the most info/ evaluation; i defo think deviation from ideal mental health but what else? thank you!!
Anonymous #289
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by astudent..)
hey! if there is a longer answer question about definitions of abnormality and say u have to talk about 2 which would be the best ones to talk about? like the ones with the most info/ evaluation; i defo think deviation from ideal mental health but what else? thank you!!
failure to function adequately is a good one to talk about because you could also mention Rosenhan and Seligmans additional criteria for failure to function, being a threat to others and yourself, unable to maintain interpersonal standards such as eye contact. You can compare it to deviation from social norms in evaluation because there is difficulty distinguishing between the two, cultural relativism, represents a threshold for help- hope this helps! But remember in 8/16 markers there is more weight on AO3 than A01
Last edited by Anonymous #289; 4 weeks ago
astudent..
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous #289)
failure to function adequately is a good one to talk about because you could also mention Rosenhan and Seligmans additional criteria for failure to function, being a threat to others and yourself, unable to maintain interpersonal standards such as eye contact. You can compare it to deviation from social norms in evaluation because there is difficulty distinguishing between the two, cultural relativism, represents a threshold for help- hope this helps! But remember in 8/16 markers there is more weight on AO3 than A01
thanks! that's really helpful i kinda forgot you could compare them for ao3 that's a good point
Anonymous #289
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by astudent..)
thanks! that's really helpful i kinda forgot you could compare them for ao3 that's a good point
No problem! I wouldn’t recommend comparing all of them- just failure to function adequately and deviation from social norms because for example not having a job may be seen as failure to function adequately but may just be a deviation from social norm where someone has decided not to keep a job. So there’s a bit of difficulty distinguishing between the two which makes it a good evaluation point
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads