anon50512
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
shower thought of the day

if independent assortment exists, then can you technically be more related to one parent? I.e when the genetic info is swapped within the bivalents could one chromosome receive disproportionally more genetic info from the material/ paternal side during meiosis?

any answers?
JA03
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anon50512)
shower thought of the day

if independent assortment exists, then can you technically be more related to one parent? I.e when the genetic info is swapped within the bivalents could one chromosome receive disproportionally more genetic info from the material/ paternal side during meiosis?

any answers?
im not sure my dude, but I would say this. if you have siblings, line up their facial features with your parents then go onto physique. I've done this with my 4 full siblings (I got a half brother). people say my sister and I look alike but my sister has my dad's face shape and I have my mums, we're both closer to my mum's skin tone, my sister is smaller eyes than me so that's closer to my dad. (look at eye and hair colour too)

look at their attitudes, who do you think they might have got it from. there's so many ways to investigate this hypothesis so go free and look at people compared to parents.

just remember that siblings only share 50% of their DNA
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads