need to take a week off internship due to deferred exams

Watch this thread
neenaaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m an international student who will be going back home in the summer and I have an internship back home, that ends at the end of august. however, i recently had to defer some of my final exams due to health reasons, and i will have to fly back to UK for one week in the second half of august to sit for my deferred exams. how should i bring this up with my internship company? should i be honest and tell them now about my situation and risk my internship offer being revoked, or should i continue with the internship and only tell them later on that i have to fly back for a week? does anyone have any advice on what reasons I can give them to fly back (emergencies?) and if it’s possible to work extra after i’m back from uk to make up for the week i’m gone?
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by neenaaa)
I’m an international student who will be going back home in the summer and I have an internship back home, that ends at the end of august. however, i recently had to defer some of my final exams due to health reasons, and i will have to fly back to UK for one week in the second half of august to sit for my deferred exams. how should i bring this up with my internship company? should i be honest and tell them now about my situation and risk my internship offer being revoked, or should i continue with the internship and only tell them later on that i have to fly back for a week? does anyone have any advice on what reasons I can give them to fly back (emergencies?) and if it’s possible to work extra after i’m back from uk to make up for the week i’m gone?
Depends where 'back home' is and what the general internship customs are, and what the specific terms of your internship are. i'm not sure why you aren't just contemplating telling them. If you lose the internship, well that's what it takes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
30.23%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (16)
37.21%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.65%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.65%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.98%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.95%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed