Turn on thread page Beta

Hey all,

ReputationRep:
    Hey...

Hey all,
    So Im at uni, and Ive made a really good friend this year, and it seemed like we were getting along great, and he comes roiund all the time etc and we just have fun generally, and talk about things sometimes, what good mates too. Id go as far to say hes probably one of my best mates, even though Ive known him for only 2 months! He really is great, and I message him all the time, and talk to him online all the time. Thing is, now it seems like he only comes round cos hes got nothing else to do, and he never initiates conversations with me, I have to do it all. I seem to be the only one doing all the giving.
    What should I do? I really dont want to lose him as a mate, but these things jst bug me. Im probably to him just another friend. I see him interact with other people, and he seems to have so much more fun with them. What to do!

ReputationRep:
    Go to him with a prob for a change, see how it goes. Friendship should work both ways otherwise he's just using you when there's no one else.

what do you mean with a prob for a change? I dont want to talk to him about it really, cos he probably really just does see me as a normal friend. It;d make things awkward too...

ReputationRep:
    i think you should cool down the contact with him, if he thinks you not going to be contacting him he might text u when he misses you. or he might think that u fancy him and is trying to stop hurting your feelings and put some distance between you.

If you give it a while he might text u next time, or else he is just rubbish at keeping in touch and it isnt neccessarily you he's avoiding just kinda bad in keeping in contact?

Or u could make out that your all so busy with such and such mates and then he'll think ur in demand then he'll really want your attention when he thinks your not always waiting on his company, good luck. : )

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a friend who kept calling me and stuff. She really annoyed me. No offence but maybe he just doesn't want to hurt your feelings by saying he doesn't want to hang out with you so much.

I might be completely wrong.

ReputationRep:
    EDIT: double post

ReputationRep:
    Keep your distance for a bit, see how it goes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2008
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.