Is waiting on roundabout a fail in the test?

Watch this thread
drkfuture
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Supposing I m going right (3rd exit), what if I cant change lane in the roundabout in time (from right to left) to exit it, should I wait in the middle for others to pass or go round again to make the left turn? If I wait in the middle of the road, will it be a fail in the test?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Just exit on the right lane.

Then move over to the left when it’s safe to do so.

Waiting in the middle then trying to change lane, whilst there are cars behind you, is an automatic fail on the test.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
drkfuture
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there.

Go round again as roundabouts are there for traffic flow

Best wishes.
but I watched instructor videos where they waited (3-4 sec) until the car behind got past them and then they exit on the 3rd.
slartibartfast4
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
If you need to exit the roundabout but find that there is someone coming up on your inside you have a number of options:

1 Accelerate if it's safe to open up a space for you to move over
2 Allow the other driver to pass before you move over (but on no account stop or loiter in the roundabout)
3 Exit into the right hand lane if there is one then go back to the left as soon as it's safe
4 Go around the roundabout a second time

Any of these would be acceptable, but you can avoid having to make these decisions by making sure that keep up enough progress so that drivers are not tempted to come up your inside in the first place. Also, make sure that you use your mirrors early enough to give you the time to judge and make sure that your exit signal is properly timed - https://www.ukdrivingskills.co.uk/le...-a-roundabout/
Last edited by slartibartfast4; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads