women safety in leeds/ southampton

Watch this thread
bom18
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hello, i'm deciding between leeds and southampton. my main concern is regarding women safety. i've read a lot about crime rates in leeds and they mostly talk about petty crime, but if anyone can give me an idea of what it's like to live in leeds as a woman and how safe it is from that perspective that would be really helpful. the same goes for southampton, though I haven't heard much about petty crime there. i know every city has good and bad areas, and i've checked the stats, but i'd like an opinion from someone who's lived in these cities and can guide me better. thank you
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Agashii_
Iwaizumi_
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bom18)
hello, i'm deciding between leeds and southampton. my main concern is regarding women safety. i've read a lot about crime rates in leeds and they mostly talk about petty crime, but if anyone can give me an idea of what it's like to live in leeds as a woman and how safe it is from that perspective that would be really helpful. the same goes for southampton, though I haven't heard much about petty crime there. i know every city has good and bad areas, and i've checked the stats, but i'd like an opinion from someone who's lived in these cities and can guide me better. thank you
to be honest, Hyde park and this one street idk the name of has a really bad reputation.
But I go to Leeds and I have friends who live in Leeds who have never had an issue.
I'm not going to promise that if you live in leeds, NOTHING is going to happen to you because I simply can't guarantee it but nothing has happened to me or my friends
If you're travelling late, just travel with someone etc (those are just general safety rules anyways- not specific to Leeds).
Hope this helps

(Original post by Anonymous)
Agashii_
ty for the tag
bom18
Rep:
(Original post by Agashii_)
to be honest, Hyde park and this one street idk the name of has a really bad reputation.
But I go to Leeds and I have friends who live in Leeds who have never had an issue.
I'm not going to promise that if you live in leeds, NOTHING is going to happen to you because I simply can't guarantee it but nothing has happened to me or my friends
If you're travelling late, just travel with someone etc (those are just general safety rules anyways- not specific to Leeds).
Hope this helps

ty for the tag
thank you so much ! if it's okay with you, could you give me an idea of safety during nights out and such? Do I need to be extra cautious at clubs or is it only general safety concerns I need to be careful of? Will I be able to go for late night walks around the campus area (avoiding hyde park)?
Iwaizumi_
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bom18)
thank you so much ! if it's okay with you, could you give me an idea of safety during nights out and such? Do I need to be extra cautious at clubs or is it only general safety concerns I need to be careful of? Will I be able to go for late night walks around the campus area (avoiding hyde park)?
mmm I'm a muslim so I cant really comment on clubs/nights out since I don't do that stuff sadly
I do have friends who go clubbing and i've not heard of any bad stories so if that's of any comfort?
Of course, you always do need to careful but I think walking around campus is fine. I have friends who stay in the library till late at night and they've not faced any trouble walking home.
Like I said, for safety purposes, try your best to always walk/travel with someone when it's late
bom18
Rep:
(Original post by Agashii_)
mmm I'm a muslim so I cant really comment on clubs/nights out since I don't do that stuff sadly
I do have friends who go clubbing and i've not heard of any bad stories so if that's of any comfort?
Of course, you always do need to careful but I think walking around campus is fine. I have friends who stay in the library till late at night and they've not faced any trouble walking home.
Like I said, for safety purposes, try your best to always walk/travel with someone when it's late
got it, thank you so much this was helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads