Online Study

Watch this thread
tstudent1999
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i have currently bought a online course as an introduction to midwifery but i do not think that it is accredited by universities, anyway for my personal statement i will mention about this online study but if it is not recognised by the university how can i include this? is it classed as independent study? does it show im willing to put in the work? a bit of advice please thank you in advance
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tstudent1999)
i have currently bought a online course as an introduction to midwifery but i do not think that it is accredited by universities, anyway for my personal statement i will mention about this online study but if it is not recognised by the university how can i include this? is it classed as independent study? does it show im willing to put in the work? a bit of advice please thank you in advance
Hi there.

Yes, you could mention this as it can show your interest and commitment to learning more. You could also mention work experience and volunteering, to show what knowledge and skills you've gained/developed from doing this, if you haven't done so already.

Tracey_W or Emily_B may be able to advise further

Best wishes
Last edited by TriplexA; 1 month ago
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there.

Yes, you could mention this as it can show your interest and commitment to learning more. You could also mention work experience and volunteering, to show what knowledge and skills you've gained/developed from doing this, if you haven't done so already.

Tracey_W or Emily_B may be able to advise further

Best wishes
(Original post by tstudent1999)
I think that you are best to mention that you have done this online midwifing course but realised that it wasn't a accredited course - provide as much details as possible about it and if you have any sort of proof/information that you can perhaps send in with your application to support this online course you done it will be useful still.

And then wait to see what happens with your application.
If you are successful for a interview for the midwifing course at university then you need to put in a good performance and then wait to see if you are offered a place.

I'm gathering you are applying for next year courses at university..??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (37)
25.87%
As I expected (46)
32.17%
Harder (53)
37.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.9%

Watched Threads