I'm going to fail my a-levels!

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just know that my anxiety will flare up and i'll most likely throw up (it's uncontrollable) or cry.
I'm okay with one or two of my subjects. Well, only one I'm strongly good at.
I'm not sure what to do. I'm not going to uni this year due to the fact I'm not ready whatsoever to leave home and I've only just got better with my mental health from years back it's been a struggle.
Would it be a good idea to re-study for two years or start over in a college?
I feel so embarrassed and I feel too thick if anyone knows about this. I'm just not very good with exams.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
contact your GP and talk to them about your exam anxiety and stress. I take beta blocker medication for exam stress (basically it gets rid of the physical elements of stress like shaking and mental blocks due to adrenaline rushes) and it works wonders so try asking for those.
justUrAverageJoe
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Do have to leave home tho? Can you not just go to a uni close by home?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just know that my anxiety will flare up and i'll most likely throw up (it's uncontrollable) or cry.
I'm not sure what to do. I'm not going to uni this year due to the fact I'm not ready whatsoever to leave home and I've only just got better with my mental health from years back it's been a struggle.
I feel so embarrassed and I feel too thick if anyone knows about this. I'm just not very good with exams.
Education isn't everything
Grades aren't everything
Uni isn't everything
You'll be fine
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
If you fail it can actually be a good thing. Failing would (fairly) definitively prove that higher education isn’t for you and then you could go onto apprenticeships or vocational options without the irritating feeling of ‘is university the better option’ in the back of your mind.
Education isn't everything
Grades aren't everything
Uni isn't everything
You'll be fine
I can’t stress the first three points enough.
doweoe
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Of course, failing is bad, especially for mental health. However, we know that you can open other opportunities.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thisismyunitsr)
If you fail it can actually be a good thing. Failing would (fairly) definitively prove that higher education isn’t for you and then you could go onto apprenticeships or vocational options without the irritating feeling of ‘is university the better option’ in the back of your mind.

I can’t stress the first three points enough.
Same
Thisismyunitsr
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by doweoe)
Of course, failing is bad, especially for mental health. However, we know that you can open other opportunities.
If it allows you reconsider your options and find a better path for you such as an apprenticeship or a college course then it can be a far better option than attending university getting into thousands of pounds of debt, struggling and having a miserable experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads