The Student Room Group

My frustrating friendship

I don't think I get along with my friend anymore. When we are hanging out, I feel awkward most of the time as I cannot think of something interesting to talk about. Sometimes when I share my opinions with him, I find him trying to agree with everything I have said and I don't like it. It feels like I am trapped in a circlejerk thread. The most annoying thing is I realized I don't actually know a lot about him even though we have known each other for a long time, it's funny how I shared almost every secret with him. I don't know what to do because I don't want to hurt his feelings. Does anyone have any advice on this
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think I get along with my friend anymore. When we are hanging out, I feel awkward most of the time as I cannot think of something interesting to talk about. Sometimes when I share my opinions with him, I find him trying to agree with everything I have said and I don't like it. It feels like I am trapped in a circlejerk thread. The most annoying thing is I realized I don't actually know a lot about him even though we have known each other for a long time, it's funny how I shared almost every secret with him. I don't know what to do because I don't want to hurt his feelings. Does anyone have any advice on this

Hello!
So, if you are having problems or issues with something about your friend, and you value his/her friendship, the best way to find an answer is talking to them. You may think that it will hurt their feelings, but if you gradually distance yourself or demonstrate sudden lack of interest, they will think that they're doing something wrong or that you just doesn't like them anymore. Just have a conversation and discuss these issues, and try to find the reason why you are feeling like this. Also, they trying to agree with everything you say may be their form of trying to make you feel good, or just fear of being judged otherwise. Hope it helps, stay ok, byee
Original post by Anonymous

Talk to them about how u r feeling first and if u think that they r being insensitive or don't care or understand ur feelings then try to gradually distance yourself a bit and don't share secrets anymore...Try to find new people who u share interests with and enjoy spending time with. :smile:
Hope that helps
Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending