When should I apply for undergraduate accomodation

Watch this thread
SpanishGonkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi😁
I have University of Sheffield as my firm choice and Newcastle University as my insurance choice, I'm not sure when I should be applying for accommodation or if I'm already supposed to be applying. Can someone please tell me the deadline for applying please?
Thanks
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SpanishGonkey)
Hi😁
I have University of Sheffield as my firm choice and Newcastle University as my insurance choice, I'm not sure when I should be applying for accommodation or if I'm already supposed to be applying. Can someone please tell me the deadline for applying please?
Thanks
Both their websites have large amounts of information on accommodation.
Sophie47
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
accommodation is usually first come first serve so if you've firmed your choices i would start with your student finance and then apply for accommodation. Some of my friends did theirs months ago so that they could get the accommodation they wanted, but every uni is different so Sheffield might not be too booked up yet. I think it's best if you just get it done so that you don't up in the accommodation that no one else wants
daisywatson253
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi😁
Thanks
Hi! I firmed Sheffield and booked my accom asap. It's going fairly quickly so I would book it as soon as possible If you don't find anything there is more released during clearing so don't worry!
SpanishGonkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Omg I’m so happy I made an account in this website . You’re all really helpful and your advice is exactly what I needed. Thank you all so much😊. I hope you realise how helpful you have been.
Last edited by SpanishGonkey; 1 month ago
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi😁
Thanks
Hi there!

I can see some others have already helped with your question! But yes it is best to apply as soon as possible to have the most choice on accommodation, however, the uni does have an accommodation guarantee which ensures all undergraduate students if they apply before August 31st you will be able to get accommodation supplied by the Uni so no need to panic. All accommodation isn't confirmed until results day and when you pay the deposit to confirm the accommodation you have reserved and you can change your reservation at any point but it does mean you have to 'give up' the flat already reserved to choose another if you decide to change.

Hope this helps!

Alisha
3rd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads