A level physics AQA specimen paper

Watch this thread
cata03
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know what happenned to the AQA A level physics specimen papers - I can't find them anywhere?
username5318474
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cata03)
Does anyone know what happenned to the AQA A level physics specimen papers - I can't find them anywhere?
At the bottom of these pages.

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...s/aqa-paper-1/
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...s/aqa-paper-2/
https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...s/aqa-paper-3/

Good luck. Oh check out their revision notes as well!
cata03
Rep:
Lifesaver thank you so much!
penguingirl18
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Do you know where to find the grade boundaries for the specimen paper? Thanks!
username5318474
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by penguingirl18)
Do you know where to find the grade boundaries for the specimen paper? Thanks!
Hey,
I don't think exam boards release grade boundaries for specimen papers since students don't sit those papers officially. And plus the current specification was created I think in 2015. You can use the 2019 boundaries to maybe get a rough estimate.
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/st...Y-JUN-2019.PDF
Have a nice day!
penguingirl18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by speed_bird)
Hey,
I don't think exam boards release grade boundaries for specimen papers since students don't sit those papers officially. And plus the current specification was created I think in 2015. You can use the 2019 boundaries to maybe get a rough estimate.
https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/st...Y-JUN-2019.PDF
Have a nice day!
Thanks. The specimen paper says "2014" so I tried looking at the actual 2014 grade boundaries, but they're done so differently from the current specification that I wasn't sure how to find the grades for the specimen paper 1.
Last edited by penguingirl18; 1 month ago
username5318474
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thanks. The specimen paper says "2014" so I tried looking at the actual 2014 grade boundaries, but they're done so differently from the current specification that I wasn't sure how to find the grades for the specimen paper 1.
Yeah i did look up 2014 but they are different. The marks didnt add up. So yeah. Will you be sitting the exams this year?
penguingirl18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah i did look up 2014 but they are different. The marks didnt add up. So yeah. Will you be sitting the exams this year?
Yes - my first exam is this week. How about you?
username5318474
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes - my first exam is this week. How about you?
Same. First ones physics! Good luck with it! Hopefully it goes well for all of us.
cata03
Rep:
Same. First ones physics! Good luck with it! Hopefully it goes well for all of us.
I'm the same as you guys, first exam on Thursday!! Good luck to all of us hahahh. tbh it's more paper 2 and 3 that I'm worried about...
username5318474
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yea exactly. What i am really worried about is i am worried about paper 1 which is meant to be the easiest of the three. So i cant even imagine how the rest will be!!
I'm the same as you guys, first exam on Thursday!! Good luck to all of us hahahh. tbh it's more paper 2 and 3 that I'm worried about...
penguingirl18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Good luck! Hope it goes well for all of us too.

By the way, have you done the specimen paper and did some of the questions seem a bit odd to you?
username5318474
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

By the way, have you done the specimen paper and did some of the questions seem a bit odd to you?
I started the specimen think half way through it. But yea the electricity question def was hard. But thank god since it has come up hopefully something like that wont ever come up. The first few questions were calm. I havent looked at any other questions. I did two other papers today so didnt have time to finish it. I would say the latest papers are easier than that specimen.
cata03
Rep:

Yes I've heard that the specimen paper is harder than the real papers, and they put reject questions in the specimen papers so they are a bit wierd. I think AQA has removed the specimen paper from their website now so I guess they decided it wasn't accurate. The mark scheme on physics and maths tutor is wrong for a couple of the multiple choice questions too, if you watch the worked solutions video it gives the correct ones tho
penguingirl18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I started the specimen think half way through it. But yea the electricity question def was hard. But thank god since it has come up hopefully something like that wont ever come up. The first few questions were calm. I havent looked at any other questions. I did two other papers today so didnt have time to finish it. I would say the latest papers are easier than that specimen.
Agreed! The odd ones were a couple of the later questions - I won't explain since you haven't done them yet.
penguingirl18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes I've heard that the specimen paper is harder than the real papers, and they put reject questions in the specimen papers so they are a bit wierd. I think AQA has removed the specimen paper from their website now so I guess they decided it wasn't accurate. The mark scheme on physics and maths tutor is wrong for a couple of the multiple choice questions too, if you watch the worked solutions video it gives the correct ones tho
Oh, that makes a lot of sense. I found the mark scheme errors. :lol: There's a mark scheme error in a short/long-response question too - they just used the wrong value. :hmmmm: Thanks for the tip. I'll check the worked solutions video.

edit: wow, that was a lot of emoticons
Last edited by penguingirl18; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads