Economics A-Level help

Watch this thread
Falzy
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How would i answer this??
Using a diagram, analyse how, according to economic theory, the wage rate is linked to a worker’s marginal revenue product. (9 marks)
KH29
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Falzy)
How would i answer this??
Using a diagram, analyse how, according to economic theory, the wage rate is linked to a worker’s marginal revenue product. (9 marks)
The higher the MRP, the higher the wage rate. We assume employers will tend to pay those with a higher MRP, because every additional worker hired, they will bring in more revenue. Firms will stop hiring workers when MRP begins to fall.

This is an analyse question, therefore you will need to criticise the MRP Theory and how it cannot always be applicable. You can also bring in wage discrimination or differential briefly.

Diagrammatic Analysis - the MRP / D Labour Market Diagram
Falzy
Rep:
(Original post by KH29)
The higher the MRP, the higher the wage rate. We assume employers will tend to pay those with a higher MRP, because every additional worker hired, they will bring in more revenue. Firms will stop hiring workers when MRP begins to fall.

This is an analyse question, therefore you will need to criticise the MRP Theory and how it cannot always be applicable. You can also bring in wage discrimination or differential briefly.

Diagrammatic Analysis - the MRP / D Labour Market Diagram
Thank you so much mate. Also u see for the MRP theory criticism can i say: However, it is not always true that employers hire workers based off of MRP, sometimes they may wage discriminate and focus on non economic factors such as race or gender. However, the 1970 equal pay act has made it illegal for firms to distribute income inequitably amongst workers due to their gender and so the idea of wage discrimination is arguable.

I done some counterarguments
Last edited by Falzy; 4 weeks ago
KH29
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Falzy)
Thank you so much mate. Also u see for the MRP theory criticism can i say: However, it is not always true that employers hire workers based off of MRP, sometimes they may wage discriminate and focus on non economic factors such as race or gender. However, the 1970 equal pay act has made it illegal for firms to distribute income inequitably amongst workers due to their gender and so the idea of wage discrimination is arguable.

I done some counterarguments
Ideally you can, MRP is just a theory - for example how do use MRP to hire teachers or lawyers. It is more applicable for retail or manufacturing, supposedly. All the best for tomorrow exams.
Last edited by KH29; 4 weeks ago
Falzy
Rep:
(Original post by KH29)
Ideally you can, MRP is just a theory - for example how do use MRP to hire teachers or lawyers. It is more applicable for retail or manufacturing, supposedly. All the best for tomorrow exams.
Feeling really confident man. Thanks for clearing this up for me. Best of luck to you too Kai Havertz
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
29.55%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (17)
38.64%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.55%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.55%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.82%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.64%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.27%

Watched Threads