Turn on thread page Beta

Kanye should stick to what he does best....ryt? watch

ReputationRep:
    Im a huge fan of Kanye and kinda respect his attempts to 'branch out' but...........

Damn he sounds awful
    I was cringing whilst watching this years EMA'S,

Dude's an amazing rapper, i was jus wondering how many people think he should stick to .....rapping????????

ReputationRep:
    he should stick to a tree:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    That new single of his... I listened to it and thought "where the hell is Kanye in this?" He's a rapper, and a pretty good one, so why the hell is he trying to sing?!

ReputationRep:
    His songs are becoming pretty crap..
    Love Lockdown is not very nice to listen to.

EDIT: Typing error.

ReputationRep:
    although saying that, the beat on the track is pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    All I know about Kanye is that he's pretty good at not commenting on politics. I agree, he should certainly stick to that.

ReputationRep:
    i like the way they add the effect onto the voice..totally shows he cant actually sing :P

i like kanye, and he's great live, but stick to rapping pleeeeeease. but i do, however, like how the songs made up, with the beat and the electronics etc

ReputationRep:
    No... He can do whatever he likes... He's made enough money... He doesn't need people to like him.

ReputationRep:
    I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adilmorrison)
    No... He can do whatever he likes... He's made enough money... He doesn't need people to like him.

um.....he kinda does need ppl to like him, since we sorta buy the records ...mayb?? watchu think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adeen)
    um.....he kinda does need ppl to like him, since we sorta buy the records ...mayb?? watchu think?
    No... I don't think so. He has a big enough following that what ever he does, there will be people who will buy it.

ReputationRep:
    with regards to his performance.. i like the beat to the song and i didn like how he said the word 'down'

but yeah using that t pain synthsizer for his voice was a stupid move.. hes a better producer then rapper IMO.. his videos are good so why doesnt he just become a video/music producer?

i did like how his acceptance speech was short and simple though and dedicated to his mother.. that made a nice change. Good on him

ReputationRep:
    He's just experimenting. There isn't a rule saying because he's good at rapping he has to stick to that. He's just taken the oppourtunity to do it while he can. He would of never become a rapper if he didn't stick his neck out on the line and push and push until someone finally listened, so he's just giving it a go at singing now. To be honest i dont see the problem with it, it's not doing anyone any harm and he hasn't given up rap completley, he's just trying a new angle. And on top of all that, it's a sweet ass song.

ReputationRep:
    I like Love Lockdown, but his songs in the past are good too.

ReputationRep:
    Stronger is by far his best song, in my humble opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SofinaaBabess)
    it's his best song, comercially.

people saying hes primarily a rapper, erm hes primarily a producer!!!

he cant sing for ****. sounds good though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SofinaaBabess)
    In my opinion, I wonder is his best song, I love it. Or maybe I prefer shooting stars.

Love Lockdown is a disappointment, it's ok, but not fantastic. But he's rich, and successful, and if I had as much success as him, I'm just do what I enjoyed, not what would sell records.

man i couldnt even think of my face kanye track!

have you guys heard Late Orchestration: Live at Abbey Road?

literally disgusting

ReputationRep:
    You lose. You loseeeeeee

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.