how to revise export/import statistics (History A-level)

Watch this thread
IzobelloJam
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm doing the British empire module and I have to learn export/import statistics for a couple years and to different places (e.g. we have to learn the exports to dominions and to each specific part of the empire)

I've tried learning on quizlet but I literally cannot get the numbers into my head. There's too many sub-categories etc going on and I get so easily confused between the numbers for different areas/years.

Does anybody have a strategy that could help?
chloelzbth
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
hi! I take the same module for history as well I tend to get confused with statistics/facts especially for history but what I do is break down my revision into diff chunks (ie. trade and commerce 1890-1914, trade and commerce 1914-1947) and identify what the pattern is within that small category (ie. British trade within the interwar years was still strong with the dominions up until the Great Depression). I also write out timelines and practice my flashcards according to category so it's easier to notice overall patterns. I'd also recommend focussing on statistics/examples which can be applied for a range of essays rather than trying to know all the statistics. Good luck x
IzobelloJam
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads