The Student Room Group

Anyone revised the night before and got As/A*?

Dw, I got my revision done. *cough cough*

Just curious, I did all my revision the night before for AS last year and got AAB. I don't know if this will suffice in A2, so gonna give myself a week or so for each exam.

Share some success stories? Fun times, to put my mind off stress.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Oop, why is this in GCSEs?
Reply 2
Original post by Imperviousness

Just curious, I did all my revision the night before for AS last year and got AAB. I don't know if this will suffice in A2, so gonna give myself a week or so for each exam.

1 week!! What do you take?
Original post by Jla244
1 week!! What do you take?

Politics, English Lit and Sociology!

What about you?
Reply 4
The thing is, even if someone has revised the night before and got all A*s per say, it doesn't mean it's technically possible for anyone to get all A*s. Different students have done different amounts of work leading up to the exam, either from compulsory work set by school or optional.
Reply 5
Politics, English Lit and Sociology!

What about you?

Latin, history and biology. What are you planning on doing next year? Pulling off aab at AS revising the night before is impressive!
Original post by ominoxy
The thing is, even if someone has revised the night before and got all A*s per say, it doesn't mean it's technically possible for anyone to get all A*s. Different students have done different amounts of work leading up to the exam, either from compulsory work set by school or optional.

Of course, without a doubt. If I was taking all three sciences for A-levels I doubt I could pull off an all-nighter and do well. People have different ability, memory etc, it's just interesting to hear other last-minute success stories.
Original post by Jla244
Latin, history and biology. What are you planning on doing next year? Pulling off aab at AS revising the night before is impressive!

Way harder than mine! I plan to do Law, how about you?

Thanks so much! I was shocked too lol, I was expecting BCD, that's how confident I was.
Reply 8
Way harder than mine! I plan to do Law, how about you?

Thanks so much! I was shocked too lol, I was expecting BCD, that's how confident I was.

Haha same was planning to do law but was rejected from 4/5 so doing a gap year now!
Original post by Jla244
Haha same was planning to do law but was rejected from 4/5 so doing a gap year now!

Do you not like the uni you got into? Have fun in your gap year, enjoy that long break!

Also, I did Latin at secondary school and my god you just unlocked a whole memory. All I can remember is "Something...something, esto in horto"? and servus. That's it lmao. I really did not enjoy Latin... :colondollar:

No one did exams last year - what 'exams' are you talking about?
Original post by Muttley79
No one did exams last year - what 'exams' are you talking about?

We did exams in AS, we had to do three papers. What do you mean?
All external exams were cancelled in the UK - whereabout are you?
We did exams in AS, we had to do three papers. What do you mean?
Original post by ominoxy

This is a fair point. I hadn’t revised for my organic chemistry mock, did an hour the day before and got an A*. It is important to mention that i had been doing well prior, meaning I could get away with it, though I imagine if you haven’t put the work in prior that it’d be difficult
Where are you going for uni? I’m doing law next year too :smile:
All external exams were cancelled in the UK - whereabout are you?

Let me clarify, we did internal exams. Our teachers gave us the grade but we had to complete 'three pieces of evidence' - which were treated like AS exams and were AS past paper questions to prove that our grade is accurate. If a student didn't support the teachers claim, they got a lower grade.
Let me clarify, we did internal exams. Our teachers gave us the grade but we had to complete 'three pieces of evidence' - which were treated like AS exams and were AS past paper questions to prove that our grade is accurate. If a student didn't support the teachers claim, they got a lower grade.

So not 'real exams' as I said. Unless the night before revision is just 'topping up' or someone has a photographic memory then, no, no-one has got top grades like that. If they say they have then they aren't being truthful.
So not 'real exams' as I said. Unless the night before revision is just 'topping up' or someone has a photographic memory then, no, no-one has got top grades like that. If they say they have then they aren't being truthful.

And what would I get out of lying? Implying I'm lying is pretty unkind of you tbh.

Yes, they weren't external exams but I still had to achieve a top grade to support my teacher's claim. I had already been achieving As and Bs all year round, I only revised the day before so perhaps I did only need the 'topping up' because the knowledge was stuck in my head somewhere.

Really don't see the point of your comment, not every student is the same.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Lucy L.
Where are you going for uni? I’m doing law next year too :smile:

Nice, join the club. Nottingham or Cardiff. How about you? :smile:
I'd imagine every person who ever got an A* did some revision the night before :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest