Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey every1!
    I haven't been on for 5 days so i'm pretty behind
    But i just took my Unit 4 Biology Exam (Option A) and i wondered if ne1 else had and how it went?
    We were pretty lucky... a few of my mates r @ severe risk of failing, so i've been doing a lot of last minute revision with them... and in the time it took to walk from the common room to the exam room we did parts of the brain and toxins.... guess what the first question was? Brain... And Q6?? Toxins!!

ReputationRep:
    i did option c and found it tough. You know that axon q was d resting, c depolarisation and b repolarisation. Also wot did u get for actipn potentials per second, i got 20.8. Also the brian q, was the second blank the cerbral cortex.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I did option C. I taught this module to myself in order to do it earlier - big mistake. Yesterday I decided I was bored of revising so didn't learn Human health and fitness, but it was just about guessable. I'm resitting it with the rest of my class in June though.

I put for D Resting, C Depolarisation, B Repolarisation. I think. It depends which way it was. Wasn't A - D right to left on the diagram? That confused me.

What did anyone put for the question as to why is there increasing volumes of urine when glucose isn't fully reabsorbed? Not sure if what I said was right or not.

ReputationRep:
    The glucose in urine one there was definitely a mark for saying that it would increase the solute potential of the urine and therefore decrease the water potential so less water would be reabsorbed. Other than that i don't know - a few of my friends put down that since there was more glucose in the urine the glucose itself would increase the volume!!

The axon question i put d = resting c = depolarising and b = repolarising
    I got something like 208 APs per second because it was about 4.8ms for one AP, and one second = 1000 ms. 1000ms / 4.8 comes out around 200...

Not sure about the brain as i can't remember which order they were in but i think the first blank was the cerebellum and the second was the cerebral hemispheres...

ReputationRep:
    i did the option C thought it wasn't that bad does anybody know the answer to the 2 part respiration question about why oxygen concentration doesnt change then there was another one ???

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was OK generally. I did option C.

ReputationRep:
    urine questions well your right you do probably get mark for saying glucose affects solute potential becomes more concentrated so water will move from surrounding tissue into collecting duct etc from high water potential to low water potential down a concentration gradient but i also put abt ADH been secreted to a lesser extent making walls less permeable to water reabsorption?? also i did put b=repolarising c=depolarisation d resting felt that was bit of a trick question because arrow was in other direction ?! anyway was there anything else real hard on there??

ReputationRep:
    If you mean the respiration question i think you mean, about why does O2 conc not go down, it's because oxidative phosphorylation is inhibited by the cyanide, so the yeast respires anaerobically instead + therefore doesn't use up any O2

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.