The Student Room Group

Geography nea

Heyy :smile: can someone help me with forming a question for my geo nea. I’m thinking of doing development / regeneration/ gentrification or how an areas historical context affects its development . I’m aiming to get full marks but I really don’t know if these are good ideas to do
Hi,

Im in Y13 and have just done my NEA for Geography. My town centre is going to undergo regeneration(building flats/new shops etc) so my questions was 'To what extent does "town" need regeneration?'. My friend also did one about the town and her questions was 'How does quality of life vary along the rural to urban continuum?' Ask me any questions if you need help.
Original post by modestsisdepop
Heyy :smile: can someone help me with forming a question for my geo nea. I’m thinking of doing development / regeneration/ gentrification or how an areas historical context affects its development . I’m aiming to get full marks but I really don’t know if these are good ideas to do
Reply 2
Hi, what did you do for your sub-questions?
Hi sorry for the late reply, I’ve changed my question now- To what what extent Has the political instability in Iraq led to a spiral of decline in Erbils development?
However I’m really struggling with the sub question/ hypothesis- my teacher really likes my question but I just don’t know how I’m going to do it. I am going to the area in summer so data collection shouldn’t be a problem- I just don’t know what data to collect and how 😩
Original post by Elz2311
Hi, what did you do for your sub-questions?

my 3 sub questions were:
1) To what extent does the health of the high street suggest the need for regeneration
2) To what extent does EQI suggest the need for regeneration in the town centre?
3) How do peoples opinions determine the amount of regeneration needed in the town
Hope that helps
Original post by modestsisdepop
Hi sorry for the late reply, I’ve changed my question now- To what what extent Has the political instability in Iraq led to a spiral of decline in Erbils development?
However I’m really struggling with the sub question/ hypothesis- my teacher really likes my question but I just don’t know how I’m going to do it. I am going to the area in summer so data collection shouldn’t be a problem- I just don’t know what data to collect and how 😩

For sub questions you can have one focusing on the environment and do a EQI and an Urban Sound Taxonomy wheel etc- you can talk about how political instability has meant not a major focus on the environment- litter etc. You can also one sub question about how peoples opinions about political instability has lead to the decline or not?- questionnaires, mood mappings and emotion mappings and include photos you take yourself and from online.

Quick Reply

Latest