Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

So.. how long exactly does it take to get from the uni to coventry station?

Google maps says its 10 minute drive, but a 1 hour walk.... lol Surely that cant be right? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Well I've never walked it lol, and 10 minutes seems a bit optimistic unless it's 3am or something and the roads are completely clear. On the bus it's around 20 minutes, but leave longer if you need to catch a specific train!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's about 20 minutes on the bus. And the bus takes you to right outside the station, so it's pretty handy.

An hour sounds about right for walking, to be honest, though I've never done it.

ReputationRep:
    May I ask here, how to get the uni after getting off the train at Coventry station??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolo_hump)
    May I ask here, how to get the uni after getting off the train at Coventry station??
    Go out of the station and up the steps, to the main road.

There are a few bus stops, on your side of the road, and you need to get on the number 12 bus. I think it costs about £1.30, one way, but it's a long time since I've caught it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keziah)
    Go out of the station and up the steps, to the main road.

There are a few bus stops, on your side of the road, and you need to get on the number 12 bus. I think it costs about £1.30, one way, but it's a long time since I've caught it.
    Thanks
    Where shall I get off then??? If I want to find a particular building, is it like I will have to get off at the main entrance of the uni (if there is one) and walk in to find the buiding???

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    Where shall I get off then??? If I want to find a particular building, is it like I will have to get off at the main entrance of the uni (if there is one) and walk in to find the buiding???
    Well, where in the uni are you going?

The buses tend to stop for quite a while at the main bus stops on campus, whereas at the other stops they'll only stop if there's someone wanting to get on or off. So that's probably the best place to get off. If you look out of the windows on your left, you'll know it's about time to get off, when you go past Costcutters.

ReputationRep:
    nothing is impossible

ReputationRep:
    Well, where in the uni are you going?

The buses tend to stop for quite a while at the main bus stops on campus, whereas at the other stops they'll only stop if there's someone wanting to get on or off. So that's probably the best place to get off. If you look out of the windows on your left, you'll know it's about time to get off, when you go past Costcutters.
    I am going to the Maths department...:rolleyes:
    Maybe it's better to get off at the main entrance???
    Cuz it's the first time I go there, dont really know which stop to get off...
    btw, how far is it from the main entrance to the department?

ReputationRep:
    I am going to the Maths department...:rolleyes:
    Maybe it's better to get off at the main entrance???
    Cuz it's the first time I go there, dont really know which stop to get off...
    btw, how far is it from the main entrance to the department?

There isn't really a "main entrance", as such - the bus route goes right through campus. But from the main bus stop, it's only a few minutes' walk. Basically, retrace the bus route you've just taken, past Costcutter, past some funny little houses called Whitefields, past a field, past the sports centre and its carpark, past a multi-storey carpark, and then cross a footbridge on your right. Walk past the first building, and then the maths building will be on your left.

There are also bus-stops near the sports centre and multi-storey carpark, if you manage to spot them in time. Either way, it isn't far.

ReputationRep:
    I would advise you very strongly to print out a map of campus from t'interwebs.

ReputationRep:
    There isn't really a "main entrance", as such - the bus route goes right through campus. But from the main bus stop, it's only a few minutes' walk. Basically, retrace the bus route you've just taken, past Costcutter, past some funny little houses called Whitefields, past a field, past the sports centre and its carpark, past a multi-storey carpark, and then cross a footbridge on your right. Walk past the first building, and then the maths building will be on your left.

There are also bus-stops near the sports centre and multi-storey carpark, if you manage to spot them in time. Either way, it isn't far.
    thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    thank you!!!
    That's fine. I would suggest you take the advice of the poster above you too though, and print a campus map.

But even if you get lost, I'm sure there'll be loads of people around and you can always ask someone for directions.

I miss campus...

ReputationRep:
    That's fine. I would suggest you take the advice of the poster above you too though, and print a campus map.

But even if you get lost, I'm sure there'll be loads of people around and you can always ask someone for directions.

I miss campus...
    Have you graduated from Warwick?
    Why miss campus???

ReputationRep:
    Have you graduated from Warwick?
    Why miss campus???
    I'm on my year abroad in France.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my year abroad in France.

WOW! That's nice!
    Enjoy your time there~

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 9, 2008
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.