How would I do out of five on this question?

Watch this thread
Sobigbesan17
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Explain two religious views about same-sex parents. Refer to sacred writings or another source of religious belief and teaching in your answer. (5 Marks)

Some Christians believe that same-sex parents is fine because it shows a deep and loving relationship between two parents, which is a commitment. Christians believe that Jesus argued on the importance of loving one another, so Christians believe people of the same sex can love each other, like Jesus did to build a stable relationship. Jesus said to ‘love thy neighbour.’

However other Christians believe that same-sex parenting is wrong, because it is unnatural to marriage. Christians believe that marriage should be a deep, stable and loving of people of the opposite sex.
diseasedfoot
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not sure what level of study your at/what board you may be so this answer is assuming this is marked as a GCSE Edexcel religious studies question (as this is what I studied, even though my exam didn't have any 5 markers)

The first two sentences would probably gain you two marks at least. The quote you used is relevant and supports your point, but generally you should directly link it to your point. I understand why you used it, but it may be more beneficial to explicitly state something like : ...which shows us that Jesus believed that loving eo is.." etc. Again I'm not sure how formal this is meant to be but it may be better to use the word "acceptable" instead of "fine". I'd say 2 marks for the first point because of the lack of link between the quote and your point, but that may be me being harsh.

For your second point it might be good to find a source to support the point but because this is out of 5 you might just get aways with it and gain 2 marks for this section. HOWEVER, because the question is about parents and not just general relationships, you may need to make the point more tailored to that or you risk not get any marks for this bit.

Overall I'd say 4 if its at around GCSE-level, but perhaps 3 if its a higher level/stricter
Honestly you could get anywhere from 1 (being very harsh) up to 5, but its hard to know without knowing what examiners are looking for.

Hope this helped!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
29.55%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (17)
38.64%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.55%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.55%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.82%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.64%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.27%

Watched Threads