which one should I pick for science stream/career in medicine?

Watch this thread
Poll: which one should I pick for science stream/career in medicine/ along with Bio and Chem for a-levels?
Physics (0)
0%
maths (2)
100%
srija08
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to do something like medicine [doctor/scientist] or other sciences[scientist] for my future career...
I am picking Biology and Chemistry for the first 2 a-levels
for the third one should I pick
- Maths
or
-Physics
And why?
Which one would be better?
xizzyxox
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by srija08)
I want to do something like medicine [doctor/scientist] or other sciences[scientist] for my future career...
I am picking Biology and Chemistry for the first 2 a-levels
for the third one should I pick
- Maths
or
-Physics
And why?
Which one would be better?
Honestly, taking physics without maths may be quite difficult. if you're taking any science, taking maths A-Level will make your life a lot easier. (don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure students who take maths get a grade higher in Biology compared with those who don't.)
That being said, your options are very open by taking Biology and Chemistry already, so do what you'd be happiest with, my friends who take physics always say that Physics gets a lot harder at A-Level. for example, i have a friend also going to medical school who takes Chemistry, Biology and Art. Point is, the 3rd subject often doesn't matter.
I have offers to do Medicine in September, taking Maths, Chemistry and Biology, so I can answer any questions about options related to medicine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads