kerry.woollands
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m taking maths , psychology , and sociology at A level. I have no clue what I want to do after , I don’t know if I want to go to uni , go straight into work and I don’t even know about apprenticeships. How do u decide and where do I start looking ? I don’t even know if I want to do anything related to my subjects , I rushed my decision in choosing them. Just feel stuck and I’m running out of time
jamesrwr
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
What could be helpful is researching a range of courses at different unis to see if you like the sound of them. Read the course descriptions and compare between places. If the idea of further study doesn't sound appealing after that, you could look at apprenticeships. These get you into work whilst learning on the job, but only really work if you like that job.

No-one is ever truly stuck, no matter the age. You could use this summer to find something that really interests you, or explore other areas to remove them from your list.

I assume you're in yr12?? Uni applications may seem like they're coming up really soon, but if by then you're still uncertain, there could be the option of a gap year to spend some more time thinking. It would be better to delay by a year and get it right, then rush and get it wrong and have to restart in 2-3 years time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (55)
27.36%
As I expected (65)
32.34%
Harder (73)
36.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.98%

Watched Threads