stressed

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am so extremely stressed I don't know what to do with myself. my a-levels are a little over next week and although I know I have time I keep panicking so then I can focus at all. I keep crying and my chest always hurts.
I so seriously don't want to do these exams and im under a lot of pressure because I need 3As
If anyone has any advice at all, whether that be last minute revision tips (maths, chem, bio) or how to manage stress I would really appreciate that because I think my mental health is going down the drain.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am so extremely stressed I don't know what to do with myself. my a-levels are a little over next week and although I know I have time I keep panicking so then I can focus at all. I keep crying and my chest always hurts.
I so seriously don't want to do these exams and im under a lot of pressure because I need 3As
If anyone has any advice at all, whether that be last minute revision tips (maths, chem, bio) or how to manage stress I would really appreciate that because I think my mental health is going down the drain.
I know this might seem like such a generic reply, BUT deep breathing exercises really help me whenever I'm stressed. You inhale for 4, hold for 6, exhale for 8 (seconds that is). You inhale through the nose, and exhale out of your mouth. Hope this helps!
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
The best advice I can give to you is TALK TO SOMEONE wether it be a teacher, a friend or someone anonymously. A problem shared is a problem halved but in the meantime make sure your sleeping and exercising. Go for a walk everyday and put some music on. Just remember most people feel like this during exam period at least I know I do. I remember throwing up on exam day because I felt so overwhelmed but after it was all done I felt a sense of relief and I took that into my next exams. What ever grades you come out with you will always have options (retakes and clearing).
Anonymous #4
Report 4 weeks ago
If you dont want to do the exams then how come you are doing them? Make a back up plan if you don't get the grades, theres more to life than a few exam results and they don't determine who you are. See your gp if it's affecting you more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (17)
29.82%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
38.6%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.51%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.02%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.28%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.75%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.75%

Watched Threads