Gcse essay structure

Watch this thread
Cosmo32
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve been wanting to know for a while how I should structure my essay and I don’t mean intro, 3 paragraphs and a conclusion. For example, when asked about a character within a text, I tend to use the structure of writing about 3 different characteristics, and alternative view for each and the intention of them.
However I was wondering if it would be better to do something like:
3 intentions and writing about the characteristics that exhibit these intentions
Or
1 characteristic and how it changes and then an alternative view
Or
How the character is as a whole in the beginning, middle and end
Etc.
Could you also make the same point in two paragraphs by showing two points at which it is exemplified?

I would be very grateful to anyone to give their own structures which work because my teachers haven’t been super helpful in this respect
This is for gcse btw and specifically on An Inspector Calls as I have the gcse on Wednesday
Last edited by Cosmo32; 1 month ago
E.B5
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I DO INSPECTOR CALLS, I start with the intro on inspector calls and the particular character, then para 1 is about the character dialogue and how it relates to the q, para 2 about stage directions and language for the 3rd sometimes and maybe I do a counter arg type of paragraph, then conclude
Isa (:
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I do an Inspector Calls too (: basically if I get a Theme question, i'll go for the structure of three different characters in different interpretations of that theme-- e.g. responsibility i'd do: 1) Mr Birlings lack of responsibility, Mrs Birlings deflection of responsibility, and Sheila and Erics gain of responsibility. And for Characters I generally go for the beginning, middle, end method. So for Sheila for example, I'd do: Sheilas emotional immaturity at the start, her coming out of ignorance in the middle, and at the end she takes responsibility and stands up to her own parents. Something like that --- also all the different methods you wrote about in your original post would work too!! they all sound good (: hope it goes welll
Cosmo32
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Isa (:)
I do an Inspector Calls too (: basically if I get a Theme question, i'll go for the structure of three different characters in different interpretations of that theme-- e.g. responsibility i'd do: 1) Mr Birlings lack of responsibility, Mrs Birlings deflection of responsibility, and Sheila and Erics gain of responsibility. And for Characters I generally go for the beginning, middle, end method. So for Sheila for example, I'd do: Sheilas emotional immaturity at the start, her coming out of ignorance in the middle, and at the end she takes responsibility and stands up to her own parents. Something like that --- also all the different methods you wrote about in your original post would work too!! they all sound good (: hope it goes welll
Thanks, good luck to you too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (47)
26.11%
As I expected (60)
33.33%
Harder (65)
36.11%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.44%

Watched Threads