Have I messed up badly?

Watch this thread
dwqdqwdqwdqww
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey I am currently homeschooled in Y11 and recently sat my GCSEs. I was very underprepared for the exam, and going into it I didn't really expect to pass and wanted to take another year to try again, but decided to go into the exam anyway since I wanted to see where I was.

I believe on most of the exams I didn't even get a 4, and on some maybe even got a U.

I will of course resit these, but when it comes to university will they look down on this even if I pass with good grades (being optimistic, lets say 6s and 7s) next year?

I'm stressed about this because I had no idea that first attempts were even taken into account if you resat them.

Please help me (I'm going to study something like Business or Marketing, not medicine or something oversubscribed btw)
englishhopeful98
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You would feel like this is you have just done exams.
Just wait for what you actually got and don't rush in to anything.
dwqdqwdqwdqww
Rep:
(Original post by englishhopeful98)
You would feel like this is you have just done exams.
Just wait for what you actually got and don't rush in to anything.
I'd like to think that way but on the english one I just gave up and doodled lol because idk how to structure any of it. I'm fairly sure I've not passed any of them lol.
englishhopeful98
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Just do things to distract yourself and take your mind of it
dwqdqwdqwdqww
Rep:
Just do things to distract yourself and take your mind of it
I'm not nervous to know if I've failed or pass, I know I've failed because I didn't even answer many of the questions. I'm wondering what my options are here onwards.
englishhopeful98
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Redo some of them loads of people do
randompanda_
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dwqdqwdqwdqww)
Hey I am currently homeschooled in Y11 and recently sat my GCSEs. I was very underprepared for the exam, and going into it I didn't really expect to pass and wanted to take another year to try again, but decided to go into the exam anyway since I wanted to see where I was.

I believe on most of the exams I didn't even get a 4, and on some maybe even got a U.

I will of course resit these, but when it comes to university will they look down on this even if I pass with good grades (being optimistic, lets say 6s and 7s) next year?

I'm stressed about this because I had no idea that first attempts were even taken into account if you resat them.

Please help me (I'm going to study something like Business or Marketing, not medicine or something oversubscribed btw)
just try your best and do what you can, if you don't get your expected results then you can re-sit them, don't worry too much though and good luck luck with your exams! I'm in yr11 too so I don't really know too much about grades required for uni sorry
Last edited by randompanda_; 1 month ago
dwqdqwdqwdqww
Rep:
Did you read the question? That's what I'm asking about

Redo some of them loads of people do
englishhopeful98
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Did you read the question? That's what I'm asking about
You didn't make that very clear
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm not nervous to know if I've failed or pass, I know I've failed because I didn't even answer many of the questions. I'm wondering what my options are here onwards.
Have you sat all the papers? Which GCSE were they?
jamesh234
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

No, for GCSEs I haven't really heard of any universities that take into account first attempts, especially as for most courses, unis don't really look at GCSEs past whether you meet the requirements for the course (I am not even sure whether you have to tell them you have sat them previously as well, or just put your latest GCSEs on UCAS. I have only heard these "first-attemps" being taken into account for A-Levels when you apply and only for the best universities for the most competitive courses such as Medicine. So, don't worry about it too much for now see what happens.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
fwiw it isn't very common to resit non-english/maths GCSEs, and usually these resits are done alongside further qualifications or training rather than taking a year out to do them. Your case would definitely be unusual in that respect. You'll definitely be able to find a university place though if you get good grades next year then good grades in the Level 3 qualification you do.
Last edited by _gcx; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (63)
27.51%
As I expected (71)
31%
Harder (87)
37.99%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.49%

Watched Threads