Lost art gcse book

Watch this thread
iwatchanime
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm a year 11 who submitted my one of two previous book. My art gsce book got lost and I'm scared it'll affect my grades. Do I have to redo it. Extra info:I want to apply to a prestigious university in the future and would they accept me If I mess up my art gsce. I want to do medicine in the future in imperial or ucl maybe or King's college
iwatchanime
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by iwatchanime)
I'm a year 11 who submitted my one of two previous book. My art gsce book got lost and I'm scared it'll affect my grades. Do I have to redo it. Extra info:I want to apply to a prestigious university in the future and would they accept me If I mess up my art gsce. I want to do medicine in the future in imperial or ucl maybe or King's college
Also btw this is my year 10 book so yeah
notbethan
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello! It really depends how much work you did in that book and how much you did in the one you submitted. If there's hardly any work in the one you submitted, it's low quality or you didn't use a range of techniques in it but you used those things in your lost one, then yes, it's likely your grade won't be as high. However overall, if the book you submitted has lots of good quality work and experimentation then you should be okay. Your final piece will also affect your grade, so at least you're not fully relying on the book you submitted either.

Generally, as long as your grade is okay then I would't worry too much about it affecting your chances at UCL or KCL. After all, they'll be focusing more on your science grades at GCSE, your UCAT score and your A -Level results. Providing your other grades are good you should be fine. As a side note, you could also do some research to see if there's a possibility your exam board can be more lenient with your art grade due to the nature of your situation, however I personally don't know much about the protocol if something like that has happened, so I can't guarantee it would change anything.
Last edited by notbethan; 1 month ago
iwatchanime
Rep:
(Original post by notbethan)
Hello! It really depends how much work you did in that book and how much you did in the one you submitted. If there's hardly any work in the one you submitted, it's low quality or you didn't use a range of techniques in it but you used those things in your lost one, then yes, it's likely your grade won't be as high. However overall, if the book you submitted has lots of good quality work and experimentation then you should be okay. Your final piece will also affect your grade, so at least you're not fully relying on the book you submitted either.

Generally, as long as your grade is okay then I would't worry too much about it affecting your chances at UCL or KCL. After all, they'll be focusing more on your science grades at GCSE, your UCAT score and your A -Level results. Providing your other grades are good you should be fine. As a side note, you could also do some research to see if there's a possibility your exam board can be more lenient with your art grade due to the nature of your situation, however I personally don't know much about the protocol if something like that has happened, so I can't guarantee it would change anything.
Honestly my art itself is really good quality but because of the timing some pieces are unfinished my mock exam I got a 6.
Last edited by iwatchanime; 1 month ago
notbethan
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Honestly my art itself is really good quality but because of the timing some pieces are unfinished my mock exam I got a 6.
Honestly I wouldn't worry, if your final grade is a six, providing your other grades are high and your A-Level & UCAT scores are good they might disregart the art grade anyway as it doesn't represent your ability to study and practice medicine! I'm far from an expert but those are just my thoughts.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Well a uni like Imperial likes well rounded students for courses like medicine, but they are really not going to be bothered about the details of a non core GCSE like art. You might want to check if your teachers have a record of your work, and for the future, its always advisable to keep a backup record of something like this, scan your book or take snaps with your phone as you go “just in case”.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (62)
27.31%
As I expected (71)
31.28%
Harder (86)
37.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.52%

Watched Threads