maths question simplifying

Watch this thread
gcses2022
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
in the exam on friday, for the recurring decimals to fraction question i'm pretty sure i simplified my answer wrong, however i put both the unsimplified (correct) and simplified (incorrect) answer on the answer line. will this cancel out all my marks or just take one off?
jennaa21
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
just take one off most likely
chipperpotato
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
It depends how many marks the question was. If it's 4 and it specified 'in its simplest form', you'll probably lose two: one method mark for simplifying and one answer mark for a wrong final answer. If it's 3, you'll probably only lose one. Was this for GCSE?
gcses2022
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by chipperpotato)
It depends how many marks the question was. If it's 4 and it specified 'in its simplest form', you'll probably lose two: one method mark for simplifying and one answer mark for a wrong final answer. If it's 3, you'll probably only lose one. Was this for GCSE?
yeah its GCSE, it was 3 marks and it didn't say you had to simplify
razzor
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by gcses2022)
in the exam on friday, for the recurring decimals to fraction question i'm pretty sure i simplified my answer wrong, however i put both the unsimplified (correct) and simplified (incorrect) answer on the answer line. will this cancel out all my marks or just take one off?
From experience with past exams, if the question doesn't state that you need to simplify your answer, you will still get all the marks, even if you have simplified incorrectly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed