Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InconspicuousGuy)
    If you wanna hang out youve got to take her out; cocaine.
    If you wanna get down, down on the ground; cocaine.
    She dont lie, she dont lie, she dont lie; cocaine.

If you got bad news, you wanna kick them blues; cocaine.
    When your day is done and you wanna run; cocaine.

If your thing is gone and you wanna ride on; cocaine.
    Dont forget this fact, you cant get it back; cocaine.

Eric Clapton ftw

also, to quote The Rolling Stones' 'Can't You Hear Me Knocking'; ♫ Y'all got cocaine eyes ♫

ReputationRep:
    Eric Clapton - Cocaine

love it, although apparently it is a subtle anti cocaine song :P

ReputationRep:
    grow a pair. if you dont want to take it then dont. its not complicated.

In my experience the best thing to do is cut out the people who encourage the habit. I've been in a similar situation. Best to burn those bridges before it catches up with you IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please.

I am at Uni studying a degree which later in life could lead me into jobs which require a clean Criminal Record. However recently I have taken Cocaine around twice a month. Not a lots of it but enough.
    I have it with friends i have known for 8 years-not uni friends but friends from childhood.
    As of this morning I have decided I never want to touch a drug again, I count my dealings with this drug as an experience, something some people may do as they grow older and enter and try new things.

I need advice on a few things, Willpower, I have it but peer pressure may contest this and it could be put to a strain. Only time will tell.
    Also, should I not involve myself with said friends any longer, some of them don't do the drug yet still come out and enjoy the night. Should I do this or totally remove myself?
    Any advice/tips/opinions welcome.

Thanks
    You don't need to cut your friends out of your life. I have plenty of friends who take cocaine on a regular basis. I don't do cocaine though (well, not any more). Just think to yourself- is this who I want to be? If the answer is no, then it's up to you to stop yourself. Hang out with your old friends, but when you see that there started to do drugs you can go into another room or pop to the shop or something. But yeah, don't make an unnecessary stink- especially if they're not pressurizing you into taking it.

ReputationRep:
    Like someone said already, tell your friends that you don't want to do it, before you go out. Make them promise you that they won't let you do it, and if they are your friends, they won't.

Though it might be hard to stop if it is always readily available.

ReputationRep:

What has the job that requires a clean record got to do with it?

Are you not going to do ANYTHING illegal in the next few years? Even if you did avoid cocaine, you're still more likely to get jailed for being drunk and disorderly, or something silly like that.

Just don't get caught?

(Original post by Mush)

What has the job that requires a clean record got to do with it?

Are you not going to do ANYTHING illegal in the next few years? Even if you did avoid cocaine, you're still more likely to get jailed for being drunk and disorderly, or something silly like that.

Just don't get caught?
    Well your nearly right, except having a drugs charge is considerably different to a Drunk and Disorderly (which would probably come of as a caution) The of course, I don't get drunk enough to act like a prat.

Cutting out said drug means less of a chance of being arrested by many terms (its taken in public places etc etc).

Then of course there are the implications of the drug, side effects, it becoming a habit, it becoming an addiction. Hence the sudden change of mind on the drug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well your nearly right, except having a drugs charge is considerably different to a Drunk and Disorderly (which would probably come of as a caution) The of course, I don't get drunk enough to act like a prat.

Cutting out said drug means less of a chance of being arrested by many terms (its taken in public places etc etc).

Then of course there are the implications of the drug, side effects, it becoming a habit, it becoming an addiction. Hence the sudden change of mind on the drug.
    But if you need a job with a clean record then it doesn't matter what the charge is or how severe it is. So just keep breaking the law, but don't get caught. You could be a golden boy but... life never works like that!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.