English Lit A Level Help!

Watch this thread
meli77
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What do they mean when they say that you have to evaluate in your argument?

Can somebody give me an example, please?

Many thanks!
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Evaluate means analyse.
0Lucy0
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

I struggled with evaluating too... However all you really need to know is that evaluation is all about making a critical judgement. For example, you would evaluate a film you watched at the cinema by weighing up its positives and negatives. After weighing up the negatives and positives you would then need to reach a valid conclusion on what you believe is the most sensible answer (morally right or wrong).

Since evaluating questions tend to obtain the most marks, its always good to plan before writing the essay out. its a step by step process, you'll get there.

Here's a link that might help you:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guide...jhv/revision/3

Good luck!

Lucy.
meli77
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
Evaluate means analyse.
how
meli77
Rep:
(Original post by 0Lucy0)
Hi,

I struggled with evaluating too... However all you really need to know is that evaluation is all about making a critical judgement. For example, you would evaluate a film you watched at the cinema by weighing up its positives and negatives. After weighing up the negatives and positives you would then need to reach a valid conclusion on what you believe is the most sensible answer (morally right or wrong).

Since evaluating questions tend to obtain the most marks, its always good to plan before writing the essay out. its a step by step process, you'll get there.

Here's a link that might help you:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guide...jhv/revision/3

Good luck!

Lucy.
I see, thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
32.79%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.08%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.82%

Watched Threads