How do i answer this question for my assignment?

Watch this thread
Alicehale6
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've got this assignment coming up and I'm writing notes to be prepared.

So I need a little help knowing what to say for this question...

The importance of the human and animal bond.
I've thought of talking about service animals such as dogs for the blind, but not sure what as I can talk about.
rebelw
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Alicehale6)
I've got this assignment coming up and I'm writing notes to be prepared.

So I need a little help knowing what to say for this question...

The importance of the human and animal bond.
I've thought of talking about service animals such as dogs for the blind, but not sure what as I can talk about.
importance of pets to children and the elderly; teaches empathy and prevents loneliness
taking care of animals can be a proxy for taking care of the environment in general - people mainly care about plastic in the oceans because it's bad for sea turtles, although it will really end up being bad for us too.
the ability to predict animal behaviour and to, in a way, know what they're thinking, has allowed humans to train and domesticate wolves, cows/oxen, horses, donkeys, pigeons etc for the furtherment of human technology

what topic is this for though? Have you not been given any advice about what they're looking for?
Alicehale6
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It's for my animal & welfare assistant qualification, where I work at a vets currently. My college tutor hasn't given much to be honest since she is useless.
RambleAmple
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Service dogs are a good start - for blind, deaf, alert dogs, emotional support (can be other species). Animals can make humans spend more time outdoors and exercising, which has good health effects for both human and animal in getting sunlight and fresh air but also exercising which feeds into good cardiovascular health etc - this page has some research etc on how just walking which you can do with your dog has a lot of potential health benefits - sports like horse riding also make you do a lot more exercise. Animals can destress you as spending time with them often calms people down/distracts from daily stressors so helps reduce depression and anxiety. If you look up health benefits of animals etc I'm sure you can find a lot of different points on the internet. If you aren't just focusing on pets, also farm animals being used in the food chain are domesticated which makes farming a lot easier than if we were dealing with completely wild animals and had to hunt for them etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (7)
43.75%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
25%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
12.5%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (2)
12.5%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
6.25%

Watched Threads