The Student Room Group

is cheating a red flag?

if someone cheated in a past relationship a year ago, and they are going to get into a new one. do they have to disclose to the person they've cheated in the past? would it put off a future bf?
They don't have to, but they should for transparency purposes and it is likely to put people off.
It depends what you mean by cheating.
If a guy is a blatant liar, habitually dishonest in other ways, rarely/never keeps his word and is not suited to a monogomous relationship- these would all be red flags for me.
Original post by Anonymous
if someone cheated in a past relationship a year ago, and they are going to get into a new one. do they have to disclose to the person they've cheated in the past? would it put off a future bf?

As a guy, i think you should be completely honest with your bf. This is because if he finds out that you cheated and you kept it from him then you played yourself.
Once a cheater, always a cheater so yes, it's a red flag.
Definitely a red flag. If you cheat you're likely to do it again. You are not obligated to tell anyone about your past, and to be fair I wouldn't blame anyone for not telling their partner about cheating, as it is likely to put any prospective partners off.
(edited 1 year ago)

NO they don't have to tell there New partner

If they been cheating previously then obviously they may do it again and hopefully they will get caught and be dumped by them.

I always say that once a cheater always a cheater......
Reply 7

Yes you have to because real relationships are built on trust and honest
Yes, unsurprisingly betraying your partner is a red flag to future potential partners. :rolleyes:
(edited 1 year ago)
Of course a history of cheating is a red flag. Cheaters know this, which is why they aren't likely to disclose it when they meet someone new.
What kind of question is this lmao?? What next, “is murder a red flag?”
Cheating is good. It helps to pinpoint what you can do better to attract your partner and areas where u and them can improve. I'd encourage it.
Original post by Son of the Sea
What kind of question is this lmao?? What next, “is murder a red flag?”

so a mistake someone made in a 1-month relationship when they were 17 haunts them for the rest of their lives?
so a mistake someone made in a 1-month relationship when they were 17 haunts them for the rest of their lives?

Choices have consequences.

If it was 1 month, you should've just ended the relationship, seeing as it wasn't serious.
Cheating is good. It helps to pinpoint what you can do better to attract your partner and areas where u and them can improve. I'd encourage it.

:eek:

Do you also encourage cheating on TSR when you are not hiding behind the anonymous feature? :hmmm:

First of all, 17 is more than old enough to know cheating is wrong and the fact they cheated so soon into a relationship is hugely worrying. However, if they have truly changed then they don’t need to tell every partner for the rest of their life that they cheated at 17.
Original post by londonmyst
Do you also encourage cheating on TSR when you are not hiding behind the anonymous feature? :hmmm:

Listen sunshine I give the best advice, I know what I'm saying. When you start to see the type of women/men that your partner is cheating with, you learn what to improve within yourself and get better. If your partner is cheating because he ain't getting no affection...be affectionate. If the women he cheats with is well-dressed, try to look better. If its a woman thats thicc or botox their lips, then its up to you. If you can't handle it leave. I've found that rather than cry about cheating, see what you can change and if you can't handle/don't want to change, then leave. Its free to dump your partner.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending