Flexible Combined Honours subjects

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is going to sound really dumb but anyway. I remember reading something about being able to change one subject you're taking after the first year, but now I can't find anything about it! Can anybody verify or have I completely made this up? Thanks.
UniofExeterRep 2
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is going to sound really dumb but anyway. I remember reading something about being able to change one subject you're taking after the first year, but now I can't find anything about it! Can anybody verify or have I completely made this up? Thanks.
Hello,

Hopefully i can help answer your question a bit!

I think what you were referring to can be found on this webpage under 'Year 2'. In your first year you are able to select two subjects to study, and then from your second year a third subject may be possible, but this is dependant on various factors. We often advise pre-applicants to contact our Admissions team directly ahead of submitting a FCH application to ensure their subject combination is viable. It is also worth bearing in mind that for any new subjects you take on in year 2 you need to ensure you meet the entry criteria for the modules - some subjects may require you to have taken specific 1st year modules to be eligible. I would also recommend reading through our FCH module pages to get an idea of what you might like to study.

The main thing will be to ensure you have spoken to our Admission team too - you can reach them on 0300 555 6060 (UK callers) or +44 1392 723044 (international callers). or use our online enquiry form.

Good luck with your decision making. Let me know if I can provide any further help.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you for your answer :]

The webpage you linked under 'Year 2' is definitely where I saw it. That part also states, "It is possible to drop a first year subject and start a new one or follow a new themed pathway." Is this true or is it what you say, that I can only continue what I selected in my first year and just add on to it?

I also have a question about the modules, I've realised.
The modules here for history,
https://intranet.exeter.ac.uk/humani...uates/modules/
Are different to the modules listed here,
https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergradua...ry/historyexe/
Do you know which is more accurate for 2022/23 entry; the intranet page or the course page?
UniofExeter Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you for your answer :]

The webpage you linked under 'Year 2' is definitely where I saw it. That part also states, "It is possible to drop a first year subject and start a new one or follow a new themed pathway." Is this true or is it what you say, that I can only continue what I selected in my first year and just add on to it?

I also have a question about the modules, I've realised.
The modules here for history,
https://intranet.exeter.ac.uk/humani...uates/modules/
Are different to the modules listed here,
https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergradua...ry/historyexe/
Do you know which is more accurate for 2022/23 entry; the intranet page or the course page?
Hello,

Pleased I could help a little! My understanding is that it is possible but it is not guaranteed and best to speak to our Admissions team to coordinate the logistics of what you are planning to study. I have reached out to a colleague in the deportment to confirm more details, but the best thing I can advise you to do is to speak to our Humanities team directly as they will be best placed to advise you on what your options are. You can use our online enquiry form or give them a call on 01392 727272.

With regards to which page is the most up to date I would again need to defer to the Humanities team directly. Every effort is made to keep our lists up to date and accurate but the offer can change dependant on academic's research commitments. We often advise people to not select a course based on a couple of optional modules as we cannot guarantee they will be running each year.

I am sorry I cannot provide any further details myself- I really do encourage you to contact our team directly so that they can advise you.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Last edited by UniofExeter Rep; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (14)
25.93%
As I expected (15)
27.78%
Harder (22)
40.74%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
5.56%

Watched Threads