gym with social anxiety, help :D

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi I planned on going to the gym with a friend because i just need something to pass time, and to lose weight obviously. But recently she decided she wanted to use the money to pay for a tattoo…. i don’t even think we r old enough but I respect her decision so okay. My worry is going alone now, I still want to go, but I’m sort of off put about being alone (‘:

thankfully the gym has a ladies only zone so <3 but im still so so nervous but i wanna experience it

can people give me insight on what a gym is like will they give me an induction ? or just expect me to get along with it
jenny07
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi I planned on going to the gym with a friend because i just need something to pass time, and to lose weight obviously. But recently she decided she wanted to use the money to pay for a tattoo…. i don’t even think we r old enough but I respect her decision so okay. My worry is going alone now, I still want to go, but I’m sort of off put about being alone (‘:

thankfully the gym has a ladies only zone so <3 but im still so so nervous but i wanna experience it

can people give me insight on what a gym is like will they give me an induction ? or just expect me to get along with it
You can book an induction if you would like one. They can show you how to use different machines, answer any questions you have, inform you about any other classes they run, and show you any facilities they have. If you are comfortable with the machines already or just know what you want to do in general at the gym, then you don't really have to book one.

The atmosphere of a gym is quite nice sometimes. I like it when it's less busy because when it is, everything feels like a rush because people are waiting to use equipment that other people are currently using. I like being able to put earphones in to listen to music while exercising. Be sure to go at your own pace and find out what kind of exercises you like. Don't feel pressured into doing what everyone else is doing! Start slowly, and if you're using any form of weight, be sure to use lighter ones first to ease into it. If you're not sure about anything, don't hesitate to ask a member of staff because they're there to help.

That's great that there's a ladies only zone! A lot of people go to the gym by themselves and I feel like everyone is absorbed in their own workout to even be concerned with judging other people or anything like that. Everyone has to start from somewhere and, at the end of the day, exercise is really good for you to stay fit and healthy.

If you find that you don't really like it, you can always try some exercise workouts at home. There are so many youtube fitness channels that you can follow, and the best part is, you're in the comfort of your own home to do it whenever you want without having to worry about anything. There are many videos that don't require any form of equipment, but if you want, you can also purchase some dumbbells or resistance bands to use.

Hope everything goes well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads