Turn on thread page Beta

AQA (B) biology 4 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ok i sort of get it. so in this biology exam out of 81 what do you think you would need to get an A. what do u think was the hardest question on the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agy)
    ok i sort of get it. so in this biology exam out of 81 what do you think you would need to get an A. what do u think was the hardest question on the paper
    50/81 is the norm.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    r u beeing serious 50 out 81 sound very very low for and A grade thats only 60% thats more of a C grade i rekon. thats cant be right 50 is far to low isnt it ?

ReputationRep:
    not necessarily ... 50/81 could get standardised to 65/81 (UMS) (which would be an A) ... depending on the difficulty of the paper.
    Basically overall an A at AS is 240/300 UMS for all modules added together

ReputationRep:
    so does that mean if u get 50 out of 81 in the exam u cud get an A. i rekon ive got about 60 hopefully, what would u say that is

ReputationRep:
    Again, it depends entirely on the particular exam and how everyone did .... I really couldn't say (but I think 60/81 should be enough for an A in that module).

ReputationRep:
    For the past few series, 50-51 has got you your A on BYB4 - being scaled to 72. 60 will get an A no probs (80 UMS or so, perhaps).

Ben

ReputationRep:
    trust me 51-55 is the norm. This paper was fairly easy to I would say about 58 would get you an A 60 for Sure

ReputationRep:
    so u r saying that if i get 51 out of 81 on that exam paper ive got an A?

ReputationRep:
    If you got 51 you'd be looking at 68-74 UMS possibly an A

55 would almost guarentee it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agy)
    so u r saying that if i get 51 out of 81 on that exam paper ive got an A?
    you are soo thick!!!, why dont you jsut wait till u get your damn mark.. i think i got exactly 60 marks,, what u do count as you go along,, no 1 on here unless they are a senior examiner can tell you your grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m66)
    you are soo thick!!!, why dont you jsut wait till u get your damn mark.. i think i got exactly 60 marks,, what u do count as you go along,, no 1 on here unless they are a senior examiner can tell you your grade
    Thats really unfair (and quite rude)! Everyone was only trying to work out the grade boundaries for their exam and other people were willing to help - so there wasn't really any need for u to jump in!

And, I know a lot of people that try to keep track of the marks they think they've got as they go along in exams! Everyone has their own way of taking exams and dealing with the wait for exam results - chill out!

ReputationRep:
    well said mate

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.