Can I get discounted London Underground travel as a student?

Watch this thread
Bbles
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been looking into this for a while but maybe I'm just stupid but the information is really confusing. I will be starting my masters this year and will be using the tube pretty much every day.

I've looked into the 18+ Oyster, which apparently (?) only gives you discounts on travelcards (the paper tickets...?), which I haven't used since I was a kid. I'm really not sure how the 16-25 railcard works. If I buy the card and link it to my oyster, will I get discounted Underground travel or does it only apply to overground trains (which I don't get often)? And how much discount would it give?

Thank you!
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bbles)
I've been looking into this for a while but maybe I'm just stupid but the information is really confusing. I will be starting my masters this year and will be using the tube pretty much every day.

I've looked into the 18+ Oyster, which apparently (?) only gives you discounts on travelcards (the paper tickets...?), which I haven't used since I was a kid. I'm really not sure how the 16-25 railcard works. If I buy the card and link it to my oyster, will I get discounted Underground travel or does it only apply to overground trains (which I don't get often)? And how much discount would it give?
Does this page help? https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/free-and-di...ster-photocard

"Save 34% on pay as you go off-peak fares and daily caps by adding a 16-25 Railcard or 26-30 Railcard to your 18+ Student Oyster photocard to travel on the Tube, London Overground, TfL Rail and most National Rail services in London."

I don't live in London, so I can't help more than that.
isabella goldy
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by martin7)
Does this page help? https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/free-and-di...ster-photocard

"Save 34% on pay as you go off-peak fares and daily caps by adding a 16-25 Railcard or 26-30 Railcard to your 18+ Student Oyster photocard to travel on the Tube, London Overground, TfL Rail and most National Rail services in London."

I don't live in London, so I can't help more than that.
well said martin.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.9%
As I expected (73)
31.33%
Harder (87)
37.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.43%

Watched Threads